username4950478
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So I was wondering, do you have mocks in year 10? I have heard about them, do they count towards GCSEs. Are they tricky? Also what is your favourite GCSE that you took/are taking?
bambi1425
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
you will most likely have mocks- they don't count towards GCSEs but may help with grade predictionsand will probably be past papers/compiled of past questions so how hard they are will vary on topics you are good and confident at.

I enjoyed the sciences, history and pe the most (anything but music!)
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
I had mocks in year 10 too, they help with predictions and are just good for practice so you can work on what you don't know/change up your revision technique if it's not working.

Your mocks will most likely be past papers/sample papers. How tricky they are will depend on how much you revise and generally how hard you find the subject.

My favourite GCSEs were probably English lit and geography. My favourite subject is history but I didn't like the history gcse exams 😑
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by computekid)
So I was wondering, do you have mocks in year 10? I have heard about them, do they count towards GCSEs. Are they tricky? Also what is your favourite GCSE that you took/are taking?
We only did end of year tests in Y10, but I know other schools did mocks They don't count towards your actual GCSE grades, but might influence your predicted grades which will be used to apply to sixth forms/colleges.

The difficulty completely depends on your school as some might make up questions and some may use actual past papers!
My favourites were maths and music
ThoughtsOfSpring
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My favourites were English Lit, Geography, History and French. Good luck for Year 10!
ShadowKing132
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by username4950478)
if you need help just ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (11)
20%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (14)
25.45%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (30)
54.55%

Watched Threads