Starting btec level 3 health and social care what should be prepared to expect?

Watch
Saima_Miah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I studied this (national extended certificate). Be prepared for LOADS of coursework. And they also have exam units as well. There is quite a bit on developing and things about the life stages. Such as puberty, menopause, birth. etc. You also learn about life events and how they affect and impact people. As well as things such as Physical, intellectual, emotional and social (PIES) development. The coursework usually includes a lot of research (if you want a high grade). They give you case studies and scenarios and you research into them. For a distinction you need to be familiar with Harvard referencing and explain in detail linking to the exam stuff you learn. X

Saima_Miah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I studied this (national extended certificate). Similar, it's just that I think you don't do as much as I did. Be prepared for LOADS of coursework. And they also have exam units as well. There is quite a bit on developing and things about the life stages. Such as puberty, menopause, birth. etc. You also learn about life events and how they affect and impact people. As well as things such as Physical, intellectual, emotional and social (PIES) development. The coursework usually includes a lot of research (if you want a high grade). They give you case studies and scenarios and you research into them. For a distinction you need to be familiar with Harvard referencing and explain in detail linking to the exam stuff you learn. X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (289)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise