Bixbot123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,So basically I am 18 and I want to do my ALevels next year so I am doing ALvel Biology.Chem,and Physics and I am fast tracking my learning to 1 year and also doing self teaching.I checked for exam centres that I could use and the price for all subjects is about£3500 for both the exam and the practical endorsement which I can totally not afford right now.So does anyone know anyway I could do the exam for any cheaper.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Doi you need to pass the practical endorsement?
Could you swap out one subject for something that is just exams (and so much cheaper), like Maths?
Bixbot123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Doi you need to pass the practical endorsement?
Could you swap out one subject for something that is just exams (and so much cheaper), like Maths?
I think the practical endoresment is about 20% of your final grade.But if i was to change any subject it would be Physics
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bixbot123)
I think the practical endoresment is about 20% of your final grade.But if i was to change any subject it would be Physics
The practical component does not affect your grade. You are asked questions about the practicals in the exams so you need to understand them but the actual practicals only affect whether you pass or fail the practical endorsement - you can get an A* and a not classified or an E and a Pass. However, for a lot of university courses, they make passing the practical endorsement a condition of your offer.
Bixbot123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
The practical component does not affect your grade. You are asked questions about the practicals in the exams so you need to understand them but the actual practicals only affect whether you pass or fail the practical endorsement - you can get an A* and a not classified or an E and a Pass. However, for a lot of university courses, they make passing the practical endorsement a condition of your offer.
Exactly,So Im just contemplating where I should do my exam because the exam is to costly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (174)
38.24%
Take autumn exams (142)
31.21%
Look for a job (16)
3.52%
Consider an apprenticeship (20)
4.4%
Take a year out (76)
16.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.93%

Watched Threads