The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography at Bangor Or Keele University

I currently have an offer for Diagnostic Radiography from Bangor and Keele, but I'm a tad afraid of making the wrong choice, and am struggling to come to a final decision. Is there anyone that are on these courses/ have any info to give that may be useful?Thanks.
Original post by Marshy_1
I currently have an offer for Diagnostic Radiography from Bangor and Keele, but I'm a tad afraid of making the wrong choice, and am struggling to come to a final decision. Is there anyone that are on these courses/ have any info to give that may be useful?Thanks.

I am not sure about Bangor, but perhaps @Keele Student Ambassador1 or @Keele University can help :smile:

Edit: there is also @Bangor Uni although they seem less active
(edited 3 years ago)

Hi @Marshy_1!

It's great that you are considering Keele! I'm an English PhD student myself so I know nothing about the Diagnostic Radiography course I'm afraid - although I do know that our medical school has a very good reputation and my friends on courses in the school have always praised their tutors and course support - however I can attest to Keele being a wonderful place to live and study.

I love the community that we have at Keele - the campus is really friendly and there's a really good mix of students as well. Because we're a campus university, we have plenty going on both in the day and the evenings, plus there is a small shop and a newsagents on campus in addition to the usual student bars and coffee shops. I know that both the university and the two students unions are both working hard to ensure that our students get a rewarding experience both academically and socially in spite of the Covid-19 pandemic - you can find out more about campus re-opening plans and what the 2020/21 academic year is likely to look like at https://www.keele.ac.uk/coronavirus/. However I can say that we've had virtual social events over the last few months to keep our Keele community connected.

Although we are a campus university, we're still within easy reach of shops, bars, restaurants, the cinema etc. Keele is really well connected - it's about 15/20 minutes by bus into Newcastle (or you can walk it if you like a nice walk) where there are supermarkets, shops, a cinema, bars and restaurants. There's also bus to the shopping centre at Hanley, as well as to Stoke train station - from there you can be in Birmingham or Manchester within about an hour.

If there's anything else you would like to know about Keele or about campus life, then do let us know here! Myself and my colleagues @Keele Student Ambassador and @Keele Student Ambassador1 would be happy to help, and we have a Keele University forum here on TSR (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=120) where you can chat to other prospective students too. We also have some of our medical students available to live chat with on the UniBuddy platform - you can find their profiles at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/ and start a chat with them that way.

Amy :smile:

Hi there!

Unfortunately I don’t study Diagnostic Radiography, however, I am in my 2nd year of Adult Nursing so some aspects may cross over!

Like my colleague has said, if there is anything we can do to help then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile:

Hi there,

Great to hear you have had an offer from us here at Bangor :smile:

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the course or about the University in general.

Medical Technology (Radiography) at Bangor University is rated the No 1. in the UK for Graduate Prospects (The Complete University Guide 2021)

Medical Technology (Radiography) at Bangor University is rated in the Top 10 in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2021)

Also, have a look at this link below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/B821-Diagnostic-Radiography

Thanks

Sera and the Bangor Uni Team :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest