19 and 5 foot 3 guy

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i'm 19 years old and I'm only 5 foot 3 inches tall. Life is tough, I never get taken seriously, I always get mistaken for a child and It's embarrassing walking around public being the height I am where I'm smaller than 80% of women and even shorter than Year 7s. I know it's something I have to just suck up and deal with but its making my life a living hell. For this reason I have social anxiety so I find it hard to talk to people face to face (or in my case, face to stomach) and its one of the reasons why I've still never had the guts to apply for a job yet. It's a complete hindrance to my ability as a human being and I feel like if I was atleast 5 foot 6, I'd have way more confidence and I would be able to carry myself more proudly. I literally have zero chance in the dating world since most women want a tall 6ft+ guy with abs etc and they always like to bodyshame by rejecting us short guys or telling us to just "grow up" like it's something we can somehow control. Of course not all women are like this, but from my personal experience and social media etc, it seems like this is always the general preference for women. Men are expected to be taller so they feel protected. I mean forget about women, I can't even approach men to make friends with or just have a general conversation with because I just look like a child. Lets be honest, the first thing people notice about you is your height and if you are either too short or too tall, this is always their perception about you and the first thing they think about when your name is mentioned. If I was a girl, I would probably have none of these problems since it's actually desirable to be short and I would definitely have more confidence and more friends. So yeah,i don't even have a social life at all. People my age are always out clubbing and hanging out with friends whilst I'm stuck in my room watching tik toks all day wishing my life could be the same as the average teenager. I'm not one of those people that just sit and complain about their lives whilst they do nothing to try and make it better for themselves, I've been applying for jobs which has been a scary experience for me but of course I'm always getting rejected because of my lackluster CV which has zero work experience. So at the moment, my life feels like it is going nowhere. I've tried lifting some weights because it's the least I can do to make my body look better and it gives me some space to release my anger into something positive. I just want to know why my body is built like this, My mum is 4 ft 11 and my dad is 5 ft 4 (bengali parents) so yeah obviously I would be a short guy, but my brother is 5 foot 6 which I think is a perfect height. There must be something about me that stunted my growth when I was small, or am i meant to be this way? or is there any tiny possibility of me growing atleast 2 inches at all? Thanks for taking the time to read about my life, If anyone has any advice on how i can feel better about myself it would be much appreciated.
Student-95
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Don't let your height hold you back. Look at Victor Espinoza - he has no trouble with women.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Don't overestimate the relevance of height to success or happiness in life.
Your achievements, attitude, personality and choices are so much more important.

Many girls are attracted by a man's personality, values, work ethic and ambitions.
Some girls who are looks attracted operate dating deal-breakers that revolve around height, body shape and athletic abilities.
Other girls are more interested in an interesting personality, shared interests, professional background and sexual compatibility.
Don't believe that all girls are only looking to date a hot gym attending guy over 6' with big biceps and stunning looks.
I'm a 25 year olf 5'1 female who weighs below 7 stone, I'm not attracted to bodybuilders and won't date a guy who is so tall that I risk being mistaken for his little sister standing on tiptoe in very high heels trying to kiss him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (69)
66.35%
No (26)
25%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise