The Student Room Group

Post your AS results here! (Official Thread)

Hey everyone! :hi:

So, it's that time of year again, though under wildly different circumstances than any of us were anticipating :eek3:. Since no exams were sat this year, there was a lot of speculation about what would happen to grades and how teacher prediction would affect the outcome. We hope that, whether good or bad, you can be proud of your results and how much you have still achieved in a rather hectic and stressful time :hugs:

With that in mind, feel free to post your AS results below!
In this thread, you can post your subjects, predicted grades and achieved grades. There is a template below that may help you with this! :biggrin:

AS Results

Subject: Predicted ? / Achieved ?

I'll also leave you with some extra food for discussion :woo::

Are you worried about how your AS results will affect applications to a degree or job in the future?

Would you think about changing your university choices based on these results?

Are you planning to appeal or resit your exams?

While you're at it, don't forget to have a look at the A-levels forum for more discussion and guidance :cyber:

Discuss (20 marks :laugh:)
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck today everyone! Remember that you can post your results/ discuss here! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Great timing! It's not like thousands of students are stressing out and feeling pressured more than ever, just to have a thread to put others down even more. There's a time for celebrating and now isn't it, especially with all that's going on.
Reply 3
Hi I need help! My achieved grade for AS maths is a D! Which had I sat the test I believe I would have got an A. I was one of the top students in my previous school for all subjects in GCSE, but since moved as I got a scholarship in a private school. I achieved AAAD (as in geo, econ, hist). I’m worried that this D in as maths will affect my uni application to oxford economics which I really want to aim for. So far the school has said nothing about resits for autumn and I’m really worried as oxford applications deadline is in October and that any resits would be too late to affect it. Appeals wount make much of a difference as it would make my grade maximum of an B given my mock results. Any help and advice will do, thanks
My sister was predicted ABB and she was given BCC!

Completely unfair system!
Reply 5
lol
(edited 3 years ago)
AAA
Original post by Xarao
Great timing! It's not like thousands of students are stressing out and feeling pressured more than ever, just to have a thread to put others down even more. There's a time for celebrating and now isn't it, especially with all that's going on.

You should see the Y11 "predicted your GCSE results thread". Tbh I rarely agree with you but yeah I am sick of these "post you results/predicted grades" thread. They are bad as it leads to people comparing each other and could put others down if they find that everyone else is predicting themselves A-A** and they're sitting in the corner thinking (omg my grades are soo bad compared to you guys I have only predicted myself C-A). Instead the thread should be called "are you happy with your results?" Or "do you think you will get your predicted grades?" without people stating any grades. Sorry for the negative comment but it really needed to be said.

EDIT: but good luck to anyone who will receive AS results
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Himan001
Hi I need help! My achieved grade for AS maths is a D! Which had I sat the test I believe I would have got an A. I was one of the top students in my previous school for all subjects in GCSE, but since moved as I got a scholarship in a private school. I achieved AAAD (as in geo, econ, hist). I’m worried that this D in as maths will affect my uni application to oxford economics which I really want to aim for. So far the school has said nothing about resits for autumn and I’m really worried as oxford applications deadline is in October and that any resits would be too late to affect it. Appeals wount make much of a difference as it would make my grade maximum of an B given my mock results. Any help and advice will do, thanks

I would say just keep at it trying to get the autumn resits. If your school really does not want you to sit them, have you considered becoming a private candidate and sitting the exams externally to your school?
Well done on the other results by the way!
Reply 9
Will universities look at these to determine if you get an offer?
Were the AS results downgraded in the same way A levels were?
How will these results be used in general?
I got a C in the only AS I did and I worry that some universities (like the top unis) will not offer me a place because of it. When I apply through UCAS and I don't want to waste an option if they aren't going to accept me because of my AS result
(edited 3 years ago)
I didn't get any :colonhash:
Bloomin' college hasn't emailed me in a month and a half.
Original post by Izzy003
Will universities look at these to determine if you get an offer?
Were the AS results downgraded in the same way A levels were?
How will these results be used in general?
I got a C in the only AS I did and I worry that some universities (like the top unis) will not offer me a place because of it.

Really it will depend on the uni, but most will understand that this year was rather different in terms of results awarded, so a line in your reference about what your centre assessed grade would probably be helpful, but hopefully they won't put too much weight on it :smile:
Often ASs are used by a school to produce a predicted grade for your A levels, and sometimes by unis to back up the predicted grade. They don't tend to be used so much as a comparison point since most people don't sit them any more. If you're in Wales/NI/sitting international ASs, then they are usually used to count towards your full A levels, but this isn't the case this year :nope:
Original post by 2_versions
I didn't get any :colonhash:
Bloomin' college hasn't emailed me in a month and a half.

Sorry to hear that :console: Were you entered in for AS exams? Have you tried calling them yesterday/today?
Original post by Lemur14
Really it will depend on the uni, but most will understand that this year was rather different in terms of results awarded, so a line in your reference about what your centre assessed grade would probably be helpful, but hopefully they won't put too much weight on it :smile:
Often ASs are used by a school to produce a predicted grade for your A levels, and sometimes by unis to back up the predicted grade. They don't tend to be used so much as a comparison point since most people don't sit them any more. If you're in Wales/NI/sitting international ASs, then they are usually used to count towards your full A levels, but this isn't the case this year :nope:

Sorry to hear that :console: Were you entered in for AS exams? Have you tried calling them yesterday/today?

I was supposed to be entered into AS Economics in March, but honestly I don't think they entered me in time. I switched from econ A-Level to a Level 3 (so 2 A-Levels and a Level 3 I would do in a year) and they said they'd get me into the AS so I could get some use out of the first year learning. Guess not lol.
I'm not going to bother chasing up on it - I still can get into uni with the 2 A-Levs and a Level 3 so I don't really mind not having the AS. Could've at least told they forgot haha.
Predicted AAA but got ADE, so I was defo hit hard by the classist standardisation system :/
Planning on appealing though.
Reply 14
I did
(edited 3 years ago)
I received a CC
Original post by 2_versions
I was supposed to be entered into AS Economics in March, but honestly I don't think they entered me in time. I switched from econ A-Level to a Level 3 (so 2 A-Levels and a Level 3 I would do in a year) and they said they'd get me into the AS so I could get some use out of the first year learning. Guess not lol.
I'm not going to bother chasing up on it - I still can get into uni with the 2 A-Levs and a Level 3 so I don't really mind not having the AS. Could've at least told they forgot haha.

They extended the deadline for entries so they really should have managed to get you in...but glad it won't hold you back at least!
Original post by justjas33
Predicted AAA but got ADE, so I was defo hit hard by the classist standardisation system :/
Planning on appealing though.

Sorry to hear that :console: Hope your appeal is successful!
Original post by Hoodlum123
I received a CC

Is this about what you were expecting?
Original post by Lemur14
They extended the deadline for entries so they really should have managed to get you in...but glad it won't hold you back at least!

Sorry to hear that :console: Hope your appeal is successful!

Well, I do 3 subjects, Biology, Chemistry and Geography. Since geography is a linear course I only got two results for AS. What confuses me is I performed well like a lot of people in the latest mock right before schools closed (I achieved an A in Bio and B in Chemistry). How I got moved to a C is baffling so to answer your question no it was not what I was expecting. I was told we'd be doing an exam for bio in the second week of September (nothing has been said about the other two subjects but I'll assume they'll do the same) so that should be my opportunity to prove for a second time I'm worthy of a higher grade.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lemur14

Thank you :smile:

(oops quoted the wrong comment👀)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Hoodlum123
Well, I do 3 subjects, Biology, Chemistry and Geography. Since geography is a linear course I only got two results for AS. What confuses me is I performed well like a lot of people in the latest mock right before schools closed (I achieved an A in Bio and B in Chemistry). How I got moved to a C is baffling so to answer your question no it was not what I was expecting. I was told we'd be doing an exam for bio in the second week of September (nothing has been said about the other two subjects but I'll assume they'll do the same) so that should be my opportunity to prove for a second time I'm worthy of a higher grade.

Sorry to hear that :console: Are you doing WJEC for bio and chem? Glad you have an opportunity to prove yourself soon, hopefully this means you can get the predicted grades you need :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest