maddiethorp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
not sure if I've posted this in the right place. so the unis I'm looking at are York, Nottingham, Lancaster, possibly Warwick, and Edinburgh. I think that Edinburgh and Nottingham and the most respected two (and that's important to me) but social life and happiness is also very important to me because all those universities are more than 2 hours from home (except York). I've always been fixed on Lancaster because I hate cities and love the countryside and I think I'd feel really safe there and at home, but I always love a social life and very extroverted people, and I feel like quiet people are drawn to quiet places, so I'd struggle to make friends. I've also heard some people have had really bad experience at Edinburgh because most people there already know eachother from London and they're all quite posh and a bit mean and people struggle to make friends. so I'm just asking can anyone give me advice or tell me anything that they know about these unis
snazzles
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First off you're probably in the wrong form for this, I'd suggest the applications, clearing, and UCAS one.

I don't know a lot about the universities you're considering there but you can check the University Leage Tables (https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings) to see how they rank in terms of Student Satisfaction (to check how happy you may be there), and Research Quality / Research Intensity might give you a basis to judge how repected the university is (although I'm not sure why how respected it is matters).

I'm assuming you're going to apply through UCAS in which case you can apply to all of them (same price I believe as only applying to 2), visit them during open days to feel their vibe, and make a decision in several months time.
snazzles
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Here's a link to Russell Group Universities which would all be generally considered fairly prestigious

https://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/our-universities/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.61%
Confident (14)
9.21%
Indifferent (16)
10.53%
Unsure (35)
23.03%
Worried (80)
52.63%

Watched Threads