The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There are thousands of threads about this!!! Check the history!
Reply 2
Here we go again...

Its ****.
Reply 3
Weed money, yo!
Reply 4
ugh shut up
Reply 5
It is what it is, become PM or MP
Reply 6
I'm disgustingly jealous of everybody that gets it. Therefore it's unfair.
OMG. If I got an EMA payment of £30 for everytime I've seen this arguement...
h82think
There are thousands of threads about this!!! Check the history!

:ditto:

I agree with EMA, even though I don't recieve it.
Some students in my form group attend school for ema registering in the morning and afternoon just to get £30 hardly attend class yet receive their bonus

Personally the idea is great but the system in place to provide the money is rubbish
I dislike EMA, but only because I don't qualify for it and I'm jealous. :P It's not like I get any more pocket money than my friends with lower earning families.
In theory its good, the idea of helping out poorer students...

But in practice, its absolute wonk.
Reply 12
close the thread down.
Reply 13
crap crap crap - if anything people should have to pay to go to school, imagine being payed to go to school, people would kill just to have the opportunity to go to school
Your parents' income should be divided by the amount of children and THAT is how it should be allocated. One of five with parents earning 40k pa. will get nothing yet an only child with parents who earn 30k pa. will get £40 a month! Where's the justice in that?
WithFlyingColours
Your parents' income should be divided by the amount of children and THAT is how it should be allocated. One of five with parents earning 40k pa. will get nothing yet an only child with parents who earn 30k pa. will get £40 a month! Where's the justice in that?

That's something to think about like.
Reply 16
All of you moaning about this issue are obviously not getting it. EMA is extra cash to me and the main objective its actually set for is ideal despite how many use it not for education.

To all the EMA haters think of it this way if you got extra cash offered to you then you would take it. Who cares if the money gets misused and the sytem is unfair this is how it goes.

People who get it = love it
People who don't = hate it

I bet many of you think its unfair to give people a council house and enough benafits to sponge for life well guess what people this is England and the MP's couldn't give a **** about your oppinions.
Reply 17
No meaningful debate can be achieved here with ignorant opinions flooding in. "Oh noes I dontz get it its BAD BAD BAD! theres this kid my cousins friends mum knew who got it and he was rich and he didnt like school and its BAD its all the evil MPs fault EVIL labour BAD".
Reply 18
cant we all agree it'll never be fair and move on?
bloody helpful.... pays for my train fare to college

Latest

Trending

Trending