Legal Cheek - Sending in my cv for an "event" ??? Legit??

Watch
Pythian
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all

https://www.legalcheek.com/event/sec...hell-and-ulaw/

I received an email from Legal cheek for an event. I had a look and, in order to attend, you have to send them your CV. This is ridiculous. A CV contains very private info - home address and contact details. Why is that needed merely to 'attend' a so-called 'event'.

This seems to me like some underhanded chicanery. Just an opportunity for UofLaw to target saps.

See below:

Attached files
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pythian)
Hi all

https://www.legalcheek.com/event/sec...hell-and-ulaw/

I received an email from Legal cheek for an event. I had a look and, in order to attend, you have to send them your CV. This is ridiculous. A CV contains very private info - home address and contact details. Why is that needed merely to 'attend' a so-called 'event'.

This seems to me like some underhanded chicanery. Just an opportunity for UofLaw to target saps.

See below:

Why not just ask them why they need a CV?

1. It could be marketing.
2. It could be if they are impressed they can offer you a job.
3. It might be a way of verifying that you are a legitimate, interested party and not a competitor or an idiot messing them about?
james_law2.0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's something they have done for a while now. I've never had anyone contact me about it (that could also be because it's **** lol and no one wants me). I've never read what they actually need it for but i would imagine it would be to ensure you are legit as tigger said.
EU Yakov
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Legal Cheek events are ****e.

If this event is done remotely they don't need to be selective because they probably have unlimited capacity. There's also no telling where that CV could end up.

Pass
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (124)
24.46%
Better than expected (106)
20.91%
Worse than expected (277)
54.64%

Watched Threads