Lockdown in the North (Greater Manchester etc)

Watch
money-for-all
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
What are your thoughts on this?
Frose03
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Bit stupid to state it it the night before Eid - everyone would’ve already made plans. People blaming Muslims (particularly asian Muslims) for the second wave (fair enough they’re not exactly listeners) when I’ve seen mostly the white people in beaches and breaking the rules, going to all these parties. They were mostly the first ones to jump out of the country when they could go on holiday
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Frose03)
Bit stupid to state it it the night before Eid - everyone would’ve already made plans. People blaming Muslims (particularly asian Muslims) for the second wave (fair enough they’re not exactly listeners) when I’ve seen mostly the white people in beaches and breaking the rules, going to all these parties. They were mostly the first ones to jump out of the country when they could go on holiday
Yet authorities are saying that the rise is actually in 18-24 year olds in the nice leafy suberbs of Trafford and Stockport.

Was in Weatherspoons with my wife on Wednesday. Average age of everyone in there must have been 17-18 and certainly not household bubbles. Simikarly in the parks - large groups of teenagers just hanging out with no social distancing.

No surprise really. Its comibg to the likes of Brum and London soon enough.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
They can't say they weren't warned. It's been in the news for several weeks that the North-West was at risk of a local lockdown.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Timing smacks of panic.

Pubs should have been closed as part of this. There should also be a nationwide restriction on travel to seaside resorts, especially the south coast.
JOSH4598
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Think this is the way forward - localised lockdowns seem much more effective compared with national lockdowns. Why should areas with incredibly low infection rates be penalised because other cities have high infection rates! It also means economic shutdowns are only confined to certain areas, allowing people in low-infection area to continue working/shopping etc.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by money-for-all)
What are your thoughts on this?
Chris Whitty needs to give the Han**** a slap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.23%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.6%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
54.17%

Watched Threads