I want male friends but they always want more

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I want male friends. But ever since high school, every guy I've become friends with has wanted more. I didn't reciprocate and the friendship fizzled out. I don't think I'm particularly attractive (I think it's my personality) and I don't flirt at all! I mean not even a little bit! I'm more bubbly etc. But literally every single one of them! I really want guy friends who won't be interested in me romantically.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want male friends. But ever since high school, every guy I've become friends with has wanted more. I didn't reciprocate and the friendship fizzled out. I don't think I'm particularly attractive (I think it's my personality) and I don't flirt at all! I mean not even a little bit! I'm more bubbly etc. But literally every single one of them! I really want guy friends who won't be interested in me romantically.
Unfortunately its hormones and you may just be good company and likeable.
There are males who exist, who could be friends and have no interest, but they are much less common than the other type.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Honestly that's just what's going to happen most of the time especially around ages 13-18. The male you'd like do exist but they're very few and far between.
Gillzy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Its in human nature as a guy to want to be romantically involved with a female so I think in some aspects you wont ever really find someone your age who is not completely uninterested in you. Maybe when you become friends with someone in future just say look im only interested in us being friends and explain the situations before.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You came on TSR to share this?
Gillzy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Ive seen people come on to ask whats the time before.

This is an intelligent post compared to some of the other tripe on here.
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Gillzy)
Ive seen people come on to ask whats the time before.

This is an intelligent post compared to some of the other tripe on here.
Oh, I’ve seen plenty of those posts. What’s funny is, is that they are on some device to access TSR! If they look at the top of the screen, the time is there!

I don’t usually stay on TSR this late purely to skip all the trolls. Some of their threads don’t get taken down until late morning and the content of the threads sometimes almost makes me cry.
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 6 days ago
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Honestly that's just what's going to happen most of the time especially around ages 13-18. The male you'd like do exist but they're very few and far between.
I've actually found that it's much more common at university and beyond. At school, it was totally fine to be friends with a guy and no one thought much of it whereas now that I'm in my 20s, all guys I meet seem to want to be in a relationship and won't accept the possibility of a friendship.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I'm a student and yes I needed opinions from people other than my friends
Castrah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Unfortunately, as was suggested in previous responses, younger men often have a hard time separating what is friendly from flirting. Confidence is attractive to most men when it comes to women, and it’s hard for most men to understand when a women is looking for comraderie over a partner. You’ll have a hard time finding those people, because it is fewer as opposed to many. Some will say it’s the age that is the determining factor, but I’ve had female friends in my life that I’ve never had any romantic feelings towards and have treated them as if they were my male friends. It’s down to the sort of people you liaise with, rather than the age.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Bubbly and friendly is a powerful combination and to a guy sex is a natural extension of friendship anyway. Perhaps get a bf, then they might be happy being friends, while hoping you’ll become single again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (90)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.48%
Look for a job (6)
2.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.42%
Take a year out (40)
17.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
5.98%

Watched Threads