a bra that fits? Too much to ask?

Watch
cirrostratus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have no clue what kind of bra I'm supposed to wear. Btw, I have photos of my body on another of my discussion posts if that might help.

The last time I wore a bra [not hook-wire] I was a 36B but idk. Apparently that would be an incorrect size since my waist is 23.5-24in. But it fit me? The cup was perfect and my boobs weren't bulging out?

Bras always fit weirdly and I've never even worn those hook-wire bras before. I live in sports bras, though even they don't fully fit.

The band [of sports bras] slides up my chest and I have to keep pulling it down, but if I just put all the fabric up on my underbust then it'll feel too tight. My ribcage tapers in a lot; there's a 4-4.5 inch difference between my underbust and waist [and my torso is short so my "waist" measurement is actually my ribcage].

The cups are fine but the band is both slightly too small [sometimes] and much too big. The band doesn't sit horizontally; it slants downwards on either side with a gap in the middle. But my chest isn't caved-in like pectus excavatum.

Wtf is my body and should I even bother?

EDIT: My underbust measurement is about 28in with a tape measure. Overbust [when standing normally] is 31in [wearing a bra] and 32in [without a bra].
Last edited by cirrostratus; 1 week ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would suggest going and getting measured for a bra.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Follow this tutorial
But don't round the band number to even until the complete end once you've found your cup size.
Also, remember that at different points of your mentrual cycle, size can change so you might have different sizes for different times of the months.

Edit: Also check out the sister sizes for your band/cup size using google
Last edited by SoulfulTwist; 1 week ago
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
I would suggest going and getting measured for a bra.
Some don't have a clue how to measure you correctly, and often try to give measurements of what they have available.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.7%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.19%
Look for a job (19)
3.52%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.07%
Take a year out (95)
17.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
5.93%

Watched Threads