Where do you put all your GCSE notes?

Watch
Ria303
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am going into Year 10, and am wondering where would be a good place to put all my notes for each subject. Do you have any tips for organisation, and where do you personally keep your subject notes/flashcards etc.? For example, do you have a binder for each subject?

I currently keep my science notes in three separate notebooks, but I don't think those will last me long.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Put them into folders for each subject - I did 12 subjects so had 12 different folders that had textbooks / revision guides / exam questions / notes for each subject.
Ria303
Rep:
?
(Original post by RaA64)
Put them into folders for each subject - I did 12 subjects so had 12 different folders that had textbooks / revision guides / exam questions / notes for each subject.
Did you take all your notes on A4 sheets of paper? I'm asking this because for some reason, I dislike taking notes on A4 and find it easier to memorise info on A5 or smaller
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ria303)
Did you take all your notes on A4 sheets of paper? I'm asking this because for some reason, I dislike taking notes on A4 and find it easier to memorise info on A5 or smaller
All notes I made I typed because for me it was easier to read and edit, so hopefully someone who did similar to you pops up.
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i didnt make any notes..
bambi1425
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do you not have books school provide?
BarnabyK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I do 13 subjects- so I have 13 expandable folders with different sections.

For each subject folder I have an area for notes, written work, past papers etc. All colour coded.

It’s really useful and I advise you do the same.
Ria303
Rep:
?
(Original post by bambi1425)
do you not have books school provide?
I do, but I have found that it doesn't cover everything and the information is good for a summary but I still have to take quite a lot of notes from online sources
Ria303
Rep:
?
(Original post by BarnabyK)
I do 13 subjects- so I have 13 expandable folders with different sections.

For each subject folder I have an area for notes, written work, past papers etc. All colour coded.

It’s really useful and I advise you do the same.
Where can I buy these for a relatively low price? I have been considering having folders with sections for each of my subjects and these sound promising.
BarnabyK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tesco’s have a good selection of them- but it varies by store and you have to grab them quick.

Or amazon stock a variety of expandable folders- don’t go for the cheap ones, they’ll break. Spend a little bit more on a good quality product and they will last quite awhile.
bambi1425
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I do, but I have found that it doesn't cover everything and the information is good for a summary but I still have to take quite a lot of notes from online sources
make mind maps or flashcards instead of making more notes. they're more useable in revision and actively linking topics and ideas is helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (119)
37.9%
Take autumn exams (97)
30.89%
Look for a job (10)
3.18%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
2.87%
Take a year out (59)
18.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
6.37%

Watched Threads