The Student Room Group

Where do you put all your GCSE notes?

I am going into Year 10, and am wondering where would be a good place to put all my notes for each subject. Do you have any tips for organisation, and where do you personally keep your subject notes/flashcards etc.? For example, do you have a binder for each subject?

I currently keep my science notes in three separate notebooks, but I don't think those will last me long.
Did you take all your notes on A4 sheets of paper? I'm asking this because for some reason, I dislike taking notes on A4 and find it easier to memorise info on A5 or smaller
Original post by Ria303
Did you take all your notes on A4 sheets of paper? I'm asking this because for some reason, I dislike taking notes on A4 and find it easier to memorise info on A5 or smaller

i didnt make any notes..:colondollar:
do you not have books school provide?
I do 13 subjects- so I have 13 expandable folders with different sections.

For each subject folder I have an area for notes, written work, past papers etc. All colour coded.

It’s really useful and I advise you do the same.
Original post by bambi1425
do you not have books school provide?

I do, but I have found that it doesn't cover everything and the information is good for a summary but I still have to take quite a lot of notes from online sources
Original post by BarnabyK
I do 13 subjects- so I have 13 expandable folders with different sections.

For each subject folder I have an area for notes, written work, past papers etc. All colour coded.

It’s really useful and I advise you do the same.

Where can I buy these for a relatively low price? I have been considering having folders with sections for each of my subjects and these sound promising.
Tesco’s have a good selection of them- but it varies by store and you have to grab them quick.

Or amazon stock a variety of expandable folders- don’t go for the cheap ones, they’ll break. Spend a little bit more on a good quality product and they will last quite awhile.
Original post by Ria303
I do, but I have found that it doesn't cover everything and the information is good for a summary but I still have to take quite a lot of notes from online sources

make mind maps or flashcards instead of making more notes. they're more useable in revision and actively linking topics and ideas is helpful

Quick Reply

Latest