The Student Room Group

College advice

Not sure if this is the right subforum but I need advice.is it easy to fit in at college compared to secondary schools? i'm slightly socially awkward and autistic, would I be picked on for that? (it's not really noticeable)am I just being an idiot worrying about this? feel free to ask any more questions because I'm not sure myself lol
Firstly are you going to a college or a 6th form (sorry if that's an obviously question!) How many students? I seriously wouldn't be worried :h:! I am going into yr12 next academic year, and I am very much introverted (as suggested by my username :smile: ) I don't think you'll necassarily (spelling:rolleyes:) as everyone is in the same sort of boat i.e going into a new environment, hyped but nervous at the same time. Hope that helps! Anyway there's nothing to worry about. The day school starts will come, you just need to enjoy the holiday whilst we have it :wink: !
Well in college you’re meeting new people so yes my friends went to college and became friends with people in their classes, u get put in pairs and in groups so even if you’re introverted u will talk to them at some point. I go to sixth form so I know everyone already but I would have preferred college.
Reply 3
Original post by Bookworm_88
Firstly are you going to a college or a 6th form (sorry if that's an obviously question!) How many students? I seriously wouldn't be worried :h:! I am going into yr12 next academic year, and I am very much introverted (as suggested by my username :smile: ) I don't think you'll necassarily (spelling:rolleyes:) as everyone is in the same sort of boat i.e going into a new environment, hyped but nervous at the same time. Hope that helps! Anyway there's nothing to worry about. The day school starts will come, you just need to enjoy the holiday whilst we have it :wink: !

going to a college, unsure of how many students but it's definitely over a thousand. this was really helpful, so thank you.:smile:

Quick Reply