satsun
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If the requirements are A*AA, is there the chance of an AAA prediction getting an offer is other aspects are outstanding?
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by satsun)
If the requirements are A*AA, is there the chance of an AAA prediction getting an offer is other aspects are outstanding?
Of course there is a chance, but it does depend on both the applicant pool and the other elements of your personal statement. Extracurriculars and relevant experience will come in very handy in this case. My best advice (and advice I have seen others give) is to apply to this uni as an 'aspirational' choice, then a couple of on-grade ones, and one or two asking below your predicted grades (one of which you hopefully like enough to place as your insurance).

Good luck
satsun
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Of course there is a chance, but it does depend on both the applicant pool and the other elements of your personal statement. Extracurriculars and relevant experience will come in very handy in this case. My best advice (and advice I have seen others give) is to apply to this uni as an 'aspirational' choice, then a couple of on-grade ones, and one or two asking below your predicted grades (one of which you hopefully like enough to place as your insurance).

Good luck
Thank you for your response! This is quite a competitive course and I just assumed that grades were the most important element - is this the case?
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by satsun)
Thank you for your response! This is quite a competitive course and I just assumed that grades were the most important element - is this the case?
Unis do use grades as a guideline for if someone can do their course and I saw someone say somewhere else that if an applicant is two grades below they're unlikely to receive an offer. However if you have lots of extracurriculars and work experience they may give you a grade regardless if there is only one grade difference
satsun
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Unis do use grades as a guideline for if someone can do their course and I saw someone say somewhere else that if an applicant is two grades below they're unlikely to receive an offer. However if you have lots of extracurriculars and work experience they may give you a grade regardless if there is only one grade difference
Thank you! You've given me the confidence to apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (109)
38.79%
Take autumn exams (90)
32.03%
Look for a job (8)
2.85%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.2%
Take a year out (47)
16.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
6.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed