N.B.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m currently weighing up various options. I love the look of Comparative Literature (aiming for a course where I could combine the above with Philosophy). What I’m wondering is, from English Lit students out there, how broad is your course? Do you encounter texts from abroad as part of your lectures or are they more a part of your private reading? In essence, how would you sum up your academic experience? I’m asking because few universities offer Comparative Literature, so I don’t want to sacrifice perfectly good options if that course is not too dissimilar to English Literature.
Amie_dancer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hello! I did English Lit at UEA and we definitely looked at texts from Europe and from the USA. Because the course is modular, it is mostly up to you to pick the modules in which you study texts from abroad. However, as part of the compulsory modules, we did also study translated texts and American texts so definitely have a look around at different courses
N.B.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Amie_dancer)
Hello! I did English Lit at UEA and we definitely looked at texts from Europe and from the USA. Because the course is modular, it is mostly up to you to pick the modules in which you study texts from abroad. However, as part of the compulsory modules, we did also study translated texts and American texts so definitely have a look around at different courses
Thanks for the advice. I will broaden my search then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (110)
39.01%
Take autumn exams (90)
31.91%
Look for a job (8)
2.84%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.19%
Take a year out (47)
16.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
6.38%

Watched Threads