bleach damaged hair

Watch
sunny_01
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
my 2b hair is super dry, breaking and lost its curl pattern bc I bleached the bottom half of it with 40 vol developer. I left it on for 15 minutes so i ended up with orange hair and then tried to dye it w permenant purple dye but it didn't pick up colour. the following weeks i had a lot of breakage and split ends whic i trimmed but they are still so dry and straw-like. I use a diy protein mask (an egg, honey, coconut oil and olive oil) before i wash my hair and always deep condition. while my roots are looking healthier because i did not touch them, the rest of my hair keeps breaking. i don't know what to do
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sunny_01)
my 2b hair is super dry, breaking and lost its curl pattern bc I bleached the bottom half of it with 40 vol developer. I left it on for 15 minutes so i ended up with orange hair and then tried to dye it w permenant purple dye but it didn't pick up colour. the following weeks i had a lot of breakage and split ends whic i trimmed but they are still so dry and straw-like. I use a diy protein mask (an egg, honey, coconut oil and olive oil) before i wash my hair and always deep condition. while my roots are looking healthier because i did not touch them, the rest of my hair keeps breaking. i don't know what to do
Best advice is to go to a Hair Salon and get it fixed up by the professionals. Ask for tips for when you DIY while you're there to make the most of your visit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.7%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.19%
Look for a job (19)
3.52%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.07%
Take a year out (95)
17.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
5.93%

Watched Threads