The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Revolut Student Finance

Hi so i was wondering if i could have my student finance paid into my revolut bank account
Original post by callmejoshi01
Hi so i was wondering if i could have my student finance paid into my revolut bank account

Yep should be able to!
Hi,
Any UK Bank account is acceptable, I know for sure that some digital ones such as Monzo are fine. I have heard some customers have had problems submitting Revolut details so I'm currently unsure if Revolut is acceptable. I'm going to find out and I will post here once I have an answer.
Thanks, Isaac

Original post by umbrellala
Yep should be able to!
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi,
Any UK Bank account is acceptable, I know for sure that some digital ones such as Monzo are fine. I have heard some customers have had problems submitting Revolut details so I'm currently unsure if Revolut is acceptable. I'm going to find out and I will post here once I have an answer.
Thanks, Isaac

ok thanks
ok thanks

Hi, sorry that it's took so long to respond back to you.

I have confirmation that Revolut is not acceptable.

Payments can be made to UK bank accounts which are provided by banks using a digital platform only. However, students should ensure that their digital platform bank is licensed and registered to complete banking services before updating their bank details with SLC. Please see the examples below for more information.

EXAMPLE: Monzo Bank
Monzo is a UK bank and have been granted a banking license. Therefore, we can make payments to Monzo bank accounts.

EXAMPLE: Revolut
Revolut are registered to provide payment and e-money services only, they are not registered to complete banking services. We cannot make payments to Revolut accounts.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 5
Hiya, what about Monese would that be acceptable?
Original post by Dami.Abi
Hiya, what about Monese would that be acceptable?

Hi, no as they don't have a banking licence.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 7
Is revolut still not acceptable as that’s the only account I’ve been able to get for student finance
Original post by Rgb1
Is revolut still not acceptable as that’s the only account I’ve been able to get for student finance

No, they only hold a Lithuanian banking licence not a UK one.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 9
What is happening if I put my revolut account details and I do not have any other UK account to change my payment details?
Original post by RafEle
What is happening if I put my revolut account details and I do not have any other UK account to change my payment details?

The payment should fail.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 11
I know that people have been able to use pockit which does not have a uk banking license
Original post by Aw_18
I know that people have been able to use pockit which does not have a uk banking license

In that case it depends whether you believe the guidance from SFE or your friends then.
Reply 13
I contacted the student finance teams for the universities I applied for and they all said as long as the account has a valid bank account and sort code and has received payments into it, you can use it.
Reply 14
Hi, I know this is late but SFE can be into a revolut bank account. I have received my SFE when I used revolut.
Reply 15
Hello, was it smooth when recieving sfe and had no problems that occurred?
Reply 16
Hi, I had no problem when it arrived.
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, sorry that it's took so long to respond back to you. I have confirmation that Revolut is not acceptable. Payments can be made to UK bank accounts which are provided by banks using a digital platform only. However, students should ensure that their digital platform bank is licensed and registered to complete banking services before updating their bank details with SLC. Please see the examples below for more information.EXAMPLE: Monzo BankMonzo is a UK bank and have been granted a banking license. Therefore, we can make payments to Monzo bank accounts.EXAMPLE: RevolutRevolut are registered to provide payment and e-money services only, they are not registered to complete banking services. We cannot make payments to Revolut accounts.Thanks, Isaac
I’ve had my student loan paid into my Revolut bank for the past 3 years so this is incorrect what you’re telling people
Original post by Olivetree333
I’ve had my student loan paid into my Revolut bank for the past 3 years so this is incorrect what you’re telling people

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know that this was paid into that bank in error. Please contact us so that this can be looked into further for you as it shouldn't be paid into a non UK registered bank account as per our policy.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare

Latest