Mature students and maintenance loan?

Watch
Demliz96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, considering going back to uni at 27. I have a partner and a child and financially independent. Applying for a maintenance loan they want information about my parents. My parents earn around 50k+ a year (they are self employed so can go up to 80k extra) but I’m an adult and they don’t help me out financially.

Would it really affect my loan to have parents of high income if I’m not 18 anymore? I talk to them. Sometimes they buy stuff for my baby but they won’t support me and my partner monthly. And she’s looking at uni herself but currently on maternity leave.

Thanks
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Demliz96)
Hello, considering going back to uni at 27. I have a partner and a child and financially independent. Applying for a maintenance loan they want information about my parents. My parents earn around 50k+ a year (they are self employed so can go up to 80k extra) but I’m an adult and they don’t help me out financially.

Would it really affect my loan to have parents of high income if I’m not 18 anymore? I talk to them. Sometimes they buy stuff for my baby but they won’t support me and my partner monthly. And she’s looking at uni herself but currently on maternity leave.

Thanks
As you are over 25, it will go off your partners income and as their on maternity leave you ll likely get the maximum loan amount.
Dee-Emma
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When I filled in the application as a mature student it all seemed to be about my home address household income with my partner filling in part as my 'sponsor', would've been wierd to be quizzed about parents. Is there an interactive part of the application for mature students which is age dependent?
swinghigh92
Badges: 3
Report 1 week ago
Hi! Have you started filling out the student finance application? After age 25 they no longer require parents information and will go off your partners income instead.Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (153)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.75%
Look for a job (14)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.25%
Take a year out (68)
17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.25%

Watched Threads