Is it normal for my boyfriend to be less affectionate over text

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So me and my boyfriend have been official for a round a month now and we were talking a couple of months before that. Everything has been going well so far however recently I’ve noticed that he isn’t as affectionate over text as much as he used to be. For instance I’d always get really cute goodnight messages but now it’s always just like “night babe” which I know is such a little thing but I miss waking up to them. However when we’re in person it’s completely fine.

Just want to know if this is normal in relationships as this is my first one so everything’s new to me.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You've already asked this. Talk to him!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...20night%20babe
Anonymous #1
I just wanna know if it’s normal thoooo 😩😂
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The number of threads Ive seen over the past week that start with "So me and my boyfriend have been official for a round a month now and we were talking a couple of months before that" is starting to get on my nerves...

Every single time you post a thread, people tell you the same exact thing- to talk to him. I doubt your going to get any advice except what weve already told you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
The number of threads Ive seen over the past week that start with "So me and my boyfriend have been official for a round a month now and we were talking a couple of months before that" is starting to get on my nerves...

Every single time you post a thread, people tell you the same exact thing- to talk to him. I doubt your going to get any advice except what weve already told you.
But how do I talk to him without sounding like a psycho 😂as I was gonna talk to him about it the other day but when we met up everything was completely fine so didn’t feel the need to. Didn’t realise people had such good memories ffs 😂
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi!

It’s totally normal! My ex was really affectionate in person but really struggled to show that over text!

If it really worries you, just bring it up casually. Like “why don’t you show more affection over text?” See what he says and just make it sort of a joke. Don’t have a massive conversation about it, just a light hearted thing.

But yes, it’s totally normal. Everyone’s love language is different and everyone shows affection in different ways.

Good luck!
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But how do I talk to him without sounding like a psycho 😂as I was gonna talk to him about it the other day but when we met up everything was completely fine so didn’t feel the need to. Didn’t realise people had such good memories ffs 😂
If you think you sound like a psycho about it, why does it bother you so much? If your really this upset, its worthy of talking about.

When you post so many threads with the exact same wording, all on anon, people are going to start noticing a pattern.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
Hi!

It’s totally normal! My ex was really affectionate in person but really struggled to show that over text!

If it really worries you, just bring it up casually. Like “why don’t you show more affection over text?” See what he says and just make it sort of a joke. Don’t have a massive conversation about it, just a light hearted thing.

But yes, it’s totally normal. Everyone’s love language is different and everyone shows affection in different ways.

Good luck!
Yeah think I’ll see how the next few days go then bring it up as a jokey thing if it’s still bothering me.
Thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
If you think you sound like a psycho about it, why does it bother you so much? If your really this upset, its worthy of talking about.

When you post so many threads with the exact same wording, all on anon, people are going to start noticing a pattern.
I’m not that sad about it I just miss it a bit really. I’ll see how I feel in the next few days then talk to him.

And I’m new to this app so idk what I’m doing. Sorry if their irritating I’ll promise this will be the last one haha 😂
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m not that sad about it I just miss it a bit really. I’ll see how I feel in the next few days then talk to him.

And I’m new to this app so idk what I’m doing. Sorry if their irritating I’ll promise this will be the last one haha 😂
Tell him that. At the moment your just building this whole thing up in your head. Its probably not going to be that awkward to talk to him about and I doubt hes going to see you as a psyco.
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Explain that the little things mean a lot to you.
Personally, I find I communicate better via a phone call or in person than over text, as you can express body emotions more easily.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Didn’t realise people had such good memories ffs 😂
You've made 2 threads on the same subject in 3 days, it's very noticeable.

Anyway, what do you class as a cute message if "night, babe" isn't?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (159)
58.24%
No they should not (84)
30.77%
Abstain (30)
10.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed