Can somebody give me some advice??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Uhh I don’t know how to explain my situation but I’ll do the best I can.

My childhood hasn’t been that great. My sister bullied me severely when I was younger. That led to two years of me being incredibly suicidal. As soon as that ended, the only friends that lifted me up during that time left me. All that stuff hurt me so much. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but there’s a lot more to it. The pain of all that left me numb. I feel like I’m a robot at this point. I’ve got nothing to keep me going and now I’m resorting to mental pain to get some source of emotion. It’s like a drug to me. No matter how many times I try to get better I always come crawling back to the pain because it feels so much better than feeling nothing. I feel like a failure and that I’m a disappointment to everyone I come across. I feel like I’ll never be good enough for anybody, not even myself. I have a therapist and I don’t know how to open up to her about any of this. I really don’t know how to get better. If anybody can lend me a hand here then I’ll really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me! If you have any questions then feel free to ask. I’ll make sure to answer as many as I can!
gordi1111
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hello first believe in yourself, there is more to appreciate in life..i propose you join games or something that can make you intereact with other people! how old are you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gordi1111)
hello first believe in yourself, there is more to appreciate in life..i propose you join games or something that can make you intereact with other people! how old are you
I’m nearly 14 😅
gordi1111
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thts too young to think you've failed in life, those are mere life challenges
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m nearly 14 😅
You have your whole life ahead of you, and same can be said for someone whos 21,31,41 etc...

It's amazing that you are seeing a therapist, it takes others much longer to realize how important their mental health is and how seeing a profession helps. Don't be afraid to open up, its their job to listen.
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m nearly 14 😅
I'm sorry to hear what you experienced.
How did your sister bully you?
Do you study well now?
By the way, do you have friends and boyfriend/girlfriend now?
swinghigh92
Badges: 3
Report 1 week ago
Hi! Firstly just know things definitely do get better. Those teenage years were my worst years also, but it has got better every year since then (I am now 28). Don’t beat yourself up too much about how you a feeling. We naturally have lower points and eventually it will all level off and seeing your therapist will definitely help along the way. I wish you all the best and remember it’s not unusual to feel the way you do, it’s a process and you will learn how to manage these feelings with help. Take care
Anonymous #1
(Original post by swinghigh92)
Hi! Firstly just know things definitely do get better. Those teenage years were my worst years also, but it has got better every year since then (I am now 28). Don’t beat yourself up too much about how you a feeling. We naturally have lower points and eventually it will all level off and seeing your therapist will definitely help along the way. I wish you all the best and remember it’s not unusual to feel the way you do, it’s a process and you will learn how to manage these feelings with help. Take care
Thanks! You too
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
You have your whole life ahead of you, and same can be said for someone whos 21,31,41 etc...

It's amazing that you are seeing a therapist, it takes others much longer to realize how important their mental health is and how seeing a profession helps. Don't be afraid to open up, its their job to listen.
I’m kinda scared to if I’m being honest. Have you found any way to open up easier??
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shebk)
I'm sorry to hear what you experienced.
How did your sister bully you?
Do you study well now?
By the way, do you have friends and boyfriend/girlfriend now?
1. It was nothing physical. It was all verbal. She’d say a lot of painful stuff to me and I’d tell my parents about it but they told me that I was trying to get her in trouble. Since my parents didn’t believe me, I had no where to turn to and that led me to believe every bad thing she said about me

2. I try to keep my grades good. I’m actually going to be put in high school credit classes for the next school year! (I’ll be in 8th grade btw) Also, I’m trying to graduate a year early

3. I have a good group of friends but I don’t talk to them as much as I used to and I’m not in a relationship at the moment
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1. It was nothing physical. It was all verbal. She’d say a lot of painful stuff to me and I’d tell my parents about it but they told me that I was trying to get her in trouble. Since my parents didn’t believe me, I had no where to turn to and that led me to believe every bad thing she said about me

2. I try to keep my grades good. I’m actually going to be put in high school credit classes for the next school year! (I’ll be in 8th grade btw) Also, I’m trying to graduate a year early

3. I have a good group of friends but I don’t talk to them as much as I used to and I’m not in a relationship at the moment
Wow. You are very logical!
Why don't you talk with your friends as much as before? Do they begin to ignore you?
By the way, are you good at maths and physics?
Last edited by shebk; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Yeah, it is pretty young for me to think like that. It doesn’t feel like a mere life challenge though. I’ve been struggling with this for the past 4 years. I don’t know how to get myself out of it tbh. I’m scared to open up to my therapist about this stuff and I have no clue how to get out of my toxic mindset. I’ve tried to believe otherwise about myself but I’ve been thinking this way for so long. It feels weird to not think negatively about myself. I’m so used to the pain to the point where I don’t feel normal without it. It feels like the pain is the only thing that makes me feel human if that makes any sense
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shebk)
Wow. You are very logical!
Are you boy or girl? Why don't you talk with your friends as much as before? Do they begin to ignore you?
By the way, are you good at maths and physics?
Thanks!

1. I’m a girl

2. I’m not really sure? I guess I’m isolating myself from everybody

3. Kinda? Whenever I talk to my friends (over text) sometimes they answer and other times they don’t

4. I’m great at science! Math’s a different story though. I got put in the advanced class for 7th grade but I had a bad teacher and I couldn’t understand any of the content she taught and now I’m in the average math class for this year
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, it is pretty young for me to think like that. It doesn’t feel like a mere life challenge though. I’ve been struggling with this for the past 4 years. I don’t know how to get myself out of it tbh. I’m scared to open up to my therapist about this stuff and I have no clue how to get out of my toxic mindset. I’ve tried to believe otherwise about myself but I’ve been thinking this way for so long. It feels weird to not think negatively about myself. I’m so used to the pain to the point where I don’t feel normal without it. It feels like the pain is the only thing that makes me feel human if that makes any sense
Has your sister stopped behaving the way she used to?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Has your sister stopped behaving the way she used to?
Yeah, she has! We’re actually pretty good friends now. I still haven’t healed from what she’s said though. I have a very toxic mindset because of her and I’ve been struggling with it for the past 4 years. My therapist tells me to try to think positively and I do but it doesn’t last long. I’m so used to thinking lowly of myself to the point where it’s second nature to me.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m kinda scared to if I’m being honest. Have you found any way to open up easier??
I think we al have to learn to open up at one point. I remember when I was younger I found it much harder to open up than I do now.

Just remember that your therapist is there to help you. Opening up to a professional helps with a lot of life problems. Remember that you are and your feelings are valid and important
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I think we al have to learn to open up at one point. I remember when I was younger I found it much harder to open up than I do now.

Just remember that your therapist is there to help you. Opening up to a professional helps with a lot of life problems. Remember that you are and your feelings are valid and important
That’s really nice, thank you! How’d you learn to open up to people?
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, she has! We’re actually pretty good friends now. I still haven’t healed from what she’s said though. I have a very toxic mindset because of her and I’ve been struggling with it for the past 4 years. My therapist tells me to try to think positively and I do but it doesn’t last long. I’m so used to thinking lowly of myself to the point where it’s second nature to me.
That much is good then.

I don't actually have any succinct 'good' advice on how to 'open up'. It's something I have issues doing myself, and usually end up expressing some type of anger through some other channel, even still. What I noticed sort of works for me, is 'opening up' in small bite-size pieces, maybe to different people, maybe somewhere online, anonymously (like here, perhaps). Be prepared that there will be some a-holes who will take a swing at you, but if you know what to expect ahead of this happening, it's easy to deflect the punches.

I know a guy whose sister would actually cut him with a knife. His father died when he was 14 I think, and he got dragged into some gang violence to compensate what he was missing out on in his family. He has grown up be, I think one of the most authentic and positive people I know. He's 22 now. Not meaning to compare, but illustrate that people possibly may have been through even worse things and still pulled through and did well. The only thing I find little annoying about him is he likes to act very 'big' when there are people around. But in a small group, or one-on-one, he's great. He also knows this and avoids groups for that reason. Anyway I'm rambling now.
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
That much is good then.

I don't actually have any succinct 'good' advice on how to 'open up'. It's something I have issues doing myself, and usually end up expressing some type of anger through some other channel, even still. What I noticed sort of works for me, is 'opening up' in small bite-size pieces, maybe to different people, maybe somewhere online, anonymously (like here, perhaps). Be prepared that there will be some a-holes who will take a swing at you, but if you know what to expect ahead of this happening, it's easy to deflect the punches.

I know a guy whose sister would actually cut him with a knife. His father died when he was 14 I think, and he got dragged into some gang violence to compensate what he was missing out on in his family. He has grown up be, I think one of the most authentic and positive people I know. He's 22 now. Not meaning to compare, but illustrate that people possibly may have been through even worse things and still pulled through and did well. The only thing I find little annoying about him is he likes to act very 'big' when there are people around. But in a small group, or one-on-one, he's great. He also knows this and avoids groups for that reason. Anyway I'm rambling now.
Oh wow! That’s quite the story! Thanks for the advise
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shebk)
Isolating yourself would just make things worse.
Do you use chat app?Do you mind to PM me your chat app? (I use Skype discord and Instagram)
Umm sorry I don’t have any of those apps. My parents are really strict. I’m pretty sure we can DM each other here if that works for you 😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (154)
38.4%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.67%
Look for a job (14)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.24%
Take a year out (68)
16.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed