Accessing medical records

Watch
geek84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Good Morning Folks

I am a male in my 50s and have had health issues from birth. A few years ago, I managed to get a record of my medical history from my doctor. However, there are lots of medical terms and hand written notes that I cannot understand or don't know what they mean.
I contacted the doctor last year (before the virus outbreak) who said he hasn't got time to sit down and go through my medical records with me, and now of course he is busy because of Covid19 etc.

Please advise where else I could ask for help to understand my medical records .

Thank You
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Other than googling the terms you don't understand, probably not very much, I'm afraid.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by geek84)
Good Morning Folks

I am a male in my 50s and have had health issues from birth. A few years ago, I managed to get a record of my medical history from my doctor. However, there are lots of medical terms and hand written notes that I cannot understand or don't know what they mean.
I contacted the doctor last year (before the virus outbreak) who said he hasn't got time to sit down and go through my medical records with me, and now of course he is busy because of Covid19 etc.

Please advise where else I could ask for help to understand my medical records .

Thank You
That sounds like it would take hours and hours - no doctor is going to do that for you I'm afraid. You could probably pay someone privately but it'd cost hundreds if not thousands.

Google? See if people on here will answer?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
We pay billions for the health service where the hell is professional education website for the public. People have even had to resort to pulling out their own teeth let alone finding some information in medical records.
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We pay billions for the health service where the hell is professional education website for the public. People have even had to resort to pulling out their own teeth let alone finding some information in medical records.
I assume you mean public education website? That'd be NHS.uk e.g.this page https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/

The OP had successfully got what sounds like all of the information from their medical records so not sure what that second sentence is about!
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Find a health care professional friend to take a look through it with you, that will give you a fair idea. Why do you want to look at it anyway.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by nexttime)
I assume you mean public education website? That'd be NHS.uk e.g.this page https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/

The OP had successfully got what sounds like all of the information from their medical records so not sure what that second sentence is about!
An example of problems people have faced.
The NHS website is not good enough.
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The NHS website is not good enough.
Maybe you could be a little more precise with your feedback there?

NHS IT is generally absolutely abysmal, but in terms of accessible info about common conditions I think that site is really good actually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (173)
38.19%
Take autumn exams (141)
31.13%
Look for a job (16)
3.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (20)
4.42%
Take a year out (76)
16.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.96%

Watched Threads