Turn on thread page Beta

paint colour? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so iv managed to secure a rented room out of halls as i couldnt get one on campus for the first year..anyway, cut a long story short.. today the landlady mentioned she is in the process of having it decorated and that my room is a sort of honey colour possibly a bit darker... im kinda freaked out, is it gonna look really bad? i have bought quite bright coloured bedsheets so i dont want it all to look odd.. any ideas? advice? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ask if you can repaint it - Some lardlords are fine with it as long as it's tasteful. Some ask for it to be returned to it's original state after, so if you don't mind shelling out for a tin of magnolia paint you're ok. Some will say no, but it's costing you nothing to ask.

ReputationRep:
    i think you would be better off talking to your landlord than us.

i dont think most people would mind if you changed the colour to quite a neutral colour

ReputationRep:
    dyu guys reckon it would be worth asking her if it would be possible to get it painted a more neutral colour seeing as the painters are decorating the house atm, although im not sure if theyv already painted my room or not..??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairywings)
    dyu guys reckon it would be worth asking her if it would be possible to get it painted a more neutral colour seeing as the painters are decorating the house atm, although im not sure if theyv already painted my room or not..??
    She can only say no.

ReputationRep:
    Id ask your landlady. My parents rent out houses and aslong as it cream when you leave then your welcome to paint it whatever colour you like when your living in the house

ReputationRep:
    She probably said honey colour but means 'magnolia', that staple of rented accommodation. I wouldn't worry, when you leave uni and rent 'honey-coloured' paint will be the least of your problems ...

ReputationRep:
    I thought she probably means magnolia too, but if it's really that bad, you could just cover the walls in posters. :p:

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.