Brexit just means more rules... Not less..

Watch
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I keep seeing those ads on YouTube about get going UK, but it's just a bunch of new rules you need to adhere to 😂.
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
I keep seeing those ads on YouTube about get going UK, but it's just a bunch of new rules you need to adhere to 😂.
Really? I still have those Grammarly adverts from months ago and it is most certainly frustrating.
Jokes aside, Brexit is not my favourite headline in the papers.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonbow)
Really? I still have those Grammarly adverts from months ago and it is most certainly frustrating.
Jokes aside, Brexit is not my favourite headline in the papers.
Haha it's actually a fairly slick ads... 😂 😂 Sadly it's got a sinister back drop, as most populism does have lol 😂 give you the best example, donald trump is mildly entertaining...but America is paying a high cost for it 😂.
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Haha it's actually a fairly slick ads... 😂 😂 Sadly it's got a sinister back drop, as most populism does have lol 😂 give you the best example, donald trump is mildly entertaining...but America is paying a high cost for it 😂.
Ah, and you forgot when Boris hid in a refrigerated(?) van. Highly amusing, yet strangely not very practical :lol:
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Indeed I rather there weren't as much regulation but the main thing (which is why I would of voted brexit, it's probably one of the very few good reasons for it) is that the rules are on our terms now not decided upon by an unelected european body.

It wasn't necessarily about 'freedom' unfortunately it was about running our country ourselves not having to follow the rules of some random bureaucrats and just answer to the british public instead

(This isn't me disagreeing with your statement just simply giving the comparison that it's better the elected make the rules like all good democracies should be run)

Although technically our country also has elements of unelected members and the house of lords is similar in that regard but it's better they are british and actually live in the country their rules apply to.
Last edited by Max1989; 1 week ago
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Max1989)
Indeed I rather there weren't as much regulation but the main thing (which is why I would of voted brexit, it's probably one of the very few good reasons for it) is that the rules are on our terms now not decided upon by an unelected european body.

It wasn't necessarily about 'freedom' unfortunately it was about running our country ourselves not having to follow the rules of some random bureaucrats and just answer to the british public instead

(This isn't me disagreeing with your statement just simply giving the comparison that it's better the elected make the rules like all good democracies should be run)

Although technically our country also has elements of unelected members and the house of lords is similar in that regard but it's better they are british and actually live in the country their rules apply to.
Unfortunately you come up against alot of regulation though in dealing with EU countries on trade now, and travel, since brexit scraps the rules of the game (going on holiday, importing or exporting... Well any and everything...)so yes you do gain less rules in the UK this is an advantage. But most islands which the UK invariably is and any country for that matter... But especially an island... Requires alot of interaction with external partners. Especially if you plan on keeping the wide gammit of global products that UK citizens consume. So unless you plan on switching to all British made all the time. The UK is no longer a rule taker... But it will have to deal with rules via interaction. Primarily a nation functions in interactions rather than great variance on internal rules.

At least that's my view. Hence, regulations within the UK will be scrapped... But interaction rules will have to increase substantially as more complexity is brought in shipping and trading with a novel independent country.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Brexit will mean more sets of rules. It is a self-imposed wound.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (6)
4.35%
Confident (14)
10.14%
Indifferent (15)
10.87%
Unsure (30)
21.74%
Worried (73)
52.9%

Watched Threads