The Student Room Group

girl but prefer the company of guys

hey

jsut wondering if there are any other girls out there who prefer the company of guys to girls. i'm a girl and i find guys' company more enjoyable and straightforward than girls. i also find them a lot easier to work with than girls. i prefer to get more straight to the point, and find them funnier than girls. obviously i'm making sweeping generalisations, but in general i have found this.

anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ditto.
why is this anon - surely this is missuse of anon

and yea - loads of girls are like this
Reply 3
I prefer half-naked pillow fights, comparing breast sizes etc. so I prefer famel company :p: :ninja:
Reply 4
Yeah me too. Girls have too much drama and gossip and eugh. Not fun!
Reply 5
Anonymous
hey

jsut wondering if there are any other girls out there who prefer the company of guys to girls. i'm a girl and i find guys' company more enjoyable and straightforward than girls. i also find them a lot easier to work with than girls. i prefer to get more straight to the point, and find them funnier than girls. obviously i'm making sweeping generalisations, but in general i have found this.

anyone else?

I'm not a girl, but like every girl i talk to says the same. I guess we're just better...

:biggrin: :cool:
Reply 6
anon because i would prefer ppl not to know who i am. especially cos i post about work/uni things, and i don't want people to think i can't work with certain ppl, or for me to get any kind of reputation.
Reply 7
got loads of friends who are like that.

s'all good :smile:
Reply 8
I've found this also, but I just guess I haven't met the right kinda girls I'd really be good mates with yet.
Anonymous
anon because i would prefer ppl not to know who i am. especially cos i post about work/uni things, and i don't want people to think i can't work with certain ppl, or for me to get any kind of reputation.

wtf?!?!?!?!?!
Drummer23
I'm not a girl, but like every girl i talk to says the same. I guess we're just better...

:biggrin: :cool:

:no:

Girls are more interesting to talk to in general..
Reply 11
I've known few girls who haven't said something along these lines, or at least demonstrated it.
Reply 12
Anonymous

Employers like employees that can make up crap to suit the situation on the spot; you've got a knack for it.
Reply 13
Don't get me wrong, some girls are amazing but I've never managed to have a long term friendship with a girl that didn't end with me wanting to tape their mouth shut =P
yes, but also find it easy to get on with other girls who think this way
Reply 15
xBillyBrownx

Girls are more interesting to talk to in general..

as long as you don't like talking about politics, history, current affairs, sciences, sport, video games or humorous anecdotes of course
Reply 16
I think it's quite a common thing really.
I wouldn't say I prefer the company of guys, but I definately get what you mean about them being easier to get on with. On the other hand, I do have a lot of friends who are girls (all girls school you see) and I get on with them amazingly too, I think the main problem is in the start of the friendship when you're just getting to know them and guys can seem more approachable.
i'm the complete opposite, a guy with like no guy friends. All guys do is talk about stupid as sport n kick footballs around, BORING! Girls are more empathic generally, like if i have a problem my guy friends are like " wow dude that sucks, hope it works out", but girls are actually supportive and are a real shoulder to cry on if this get tough. Also i dont mind shopping and stuff so that's fun. Also guys don't really like to hug other guys, as in like proper embracing so that's another reason why girls are better as friends if you like close contact.:o:

Also i've been told im feminine anyway and i dont go a day at work without a customer accidentally thinking i'm a girl and saying " excuse me love where are the (insert product). Or even worse...slapping my ass when i'm bent over putting things in the freezer, i work at Iceland btw....:rolleyes:
Reply 18
joey11223
ii dont go a day at work without a customer accidentally thinking i'm a girl and saying " excuse me love where are the (insert product). Or even worse...slapping my ass when i'm bent over putting things in the freeze

:laughing:

by the way most people have a wide range of topics they like to talk about (my above post is just trolling) so i think putting people into gender roles on how they act is quite archaic, but I try to be able to at least hold a vague conversation on most topics including things i'm not particularly interested in - it makes it easier to get along with people. maybe you should try to learn abit about football :smile:
I like both.

Latest

Trending

Trending