martinaa098
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If the entry requirement is BBB, and if I get AACC on results day, do I get into that university on results day? As AACC has higher tariff points than BBB.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends if the lowest grade a university will take is a B or not.

(Original post by martinaa098)
If the entry requirement is BBB, and if I get AACC on results day, do I get into that university on results day? As AACC has higher tariff points than BBB.
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends. If they give offers based on the tariff points system then yes, because the points are more. If they give offers based on grades, then it depends. The AA would be impressive so who knows
dj_ad_1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah they can especially this year as they are going to be more flexible with offers.
martinaa098
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
Depends. If they give offers based on the tariff points system then yes, because the points are more. If they give offers based on grades, then it depends. The AA would be impressive so who knows
Thank you, but how do I know that the uni gives offers based in tariff points or grades? On the entry requirements it only talked about grades, no tariff points :/
Phoenixfeather99
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thank you, but how do I know that the uni gives offers based in tariff points or grades? On the entry requirements it only talked about grades, no tariff points :/
It will be on their grade requirements page. They will give a grade requirement eg BBB and only that or a tariff point requirement eg 120 and only that or both. If they only have the grades then they don’t accept tariff points.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
AACC doesnt meet a BBB offer and if you were made an offer for UCAS point you would have been told 120 points so it doesnt seem you will meet the offer. That is the strict basis so the university is entitled to reject you.

However in practice nearly all universities accept someone with 1 or 2 dropped grades so the probability is that you will be accepted.
martinaa098
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
AACC doesnt meet a BBB offer and if you were made an offer for UCAS point you would have been told 120 points so it doesnt seem you will meet the offer. That is the strict basis so the university is entitled to reject you.

However in practice nearly all universities accept someone with 1 or 2 dropped grades so the probability is that you will be accepted.
Thank you!!
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If they didn’t mention tariff points then that means they don’t use tariffs they use grades. Sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (4)
4.4%
Confident (9)
9.89%
Indifferent (9)
9.89%
Unsure (20)
21.98%
Worried (49)
53.85%

Watched Threads