tarasewiczE11387
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Since not going to school (and not doing work😅) for 4+ months, starting to get a liiiitle bit worried that my brain will be overworked by even talking. To anyone. Actually having to concentrate for a couple of HOURS and limited to very little netflix time honestly looks like a form of jail after this lockdown lol. Some people think the jump from gcses to a levels is big... I guess we shall see..😬
p.s Also how is everyone feeling about not being able to wear pj's and actually having to look presentable lol
Last edited by tarasewiczE11387; 1 week ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tarasewiczE11387)
Since not going to school (and not doing work😅) for 4+ months, starting to get a liiiitle bit worried that my brain will be overworked by even talking. To anyone. Actually having to concentrate for a couple of HOURS and limited to very little netflix time honestly looks like a form of jail after this lockdown lol. Some people think the jump from gcses to a levels is big... I guess we shall see..😬
Hi!

I'm in year 12 going into year 13! If you have any concerns about 6th Form life, feel free to ask. I can assure you the jump from GCSE's to A-Levels is not that bad (well for my subjects it wasn't) and as long as you keep on top of your work and revise on a regular basis you will be fine!
tarasewiczE11387
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Hi!

I'm in year 12 going into year 13! If you have any concerns about 6th Form life, feel free to ask. I can assure you the jump from GCSE's to A-Levels is not that bad (well for my subjects it wasn't) and as long as you keep on top of your work and revise on a regular basis you will be fine!
Can I ask what subjects you have chosen? Thanks
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can I ask what subjects you have chosen? Thanks
Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.
tarasewiczE11387
Rep:
?
Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.
Hmm, quite rigorous subjects... Well I hope you're doing good- especially in regards to uni and careers. I'm sure these are things year 12's are stressing about during lockdown.. Good luck:ike::dumbells:
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hmm, quite rigorous subjects... Well I hope you're doing good- especially in regards to uni and careers. I'm sure these are things year 12's are stressing about during lockdown.. Good luck:ike::dumbells:
Sorry, I must have missed your post and so I didn't reply.

Thank you! Oh, yes it's quite stressful but hopefully everything goes well. What subjects have you taken?
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As I am going into year 13, it’s not hard to understand, just some textbooks aren’t as clear as the GCSE’s revision guides but there are lots of resources and simpler books to understand it. There’s a lot more independent work and they are more hard on u if you score badly on a test, or u aren’t above or on your target grade.
NattyNate
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
p.s Also how is everyone feeling about not being able to wear pj's and actually having to look presentable lol
Hi! I'm Nate and I am starting sixth form this year. I'm going to be taking, if I get the grades I need, BTEC ICT and A-Level graphics. I'm really looking forward to sixth form, because staying inside all the time is getting really boring. I have done a little bit of studying, so I think I will manage quite well
Acl#28
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I agree with everything you've said😂
Who knows how we'll cope😅
tarasewiczE11387
Rep:
?
Sorry, I must have missed your post and so I didn't reply.

Thank you! Oh, yes it's quite stressful but hopefully everything goes well. What subjects have you taken?
Excluding the fact that I'm changing my combination 24/7 for the past couple of months lol, at the moment it's looking like maths, econ and my dear old friend: philosophy. Did I include the fact that I also have no idea what to do with my life -or is it obvious lol. Hopefully I can fake enjoying some aspects of maths - attitude is everything:woohoo:

(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
As I am going into year 13, it’s not hard to understand, just some textbooks aren’t as clear as the GCSE’s revision guides but there are lots of resources and simpler books to understand it. There’s a lot more independent work and they are more hard on u if you score badly on a test, or u aren’t above or on your target grade.
The idea that grades are the core of success aggravates me a little bit but I do wish I will remember SOME stuff after finishing a level lol. Also I find that with the increase of independence, self-motivation will (hopefully) naturally reduce the skills of my arch nemesis: procrastination. DUNN dunnn DUUUUUN:mob::poke:
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Excluding the fact that I'm changing my combination 24/7 for the past couple of months lol, at the moment it's looking like maths, econ and my dear old friend: philosophy. Did I include the fact that I also have no idea what to do with my life -or is it obvious lol. Hopefully I can fake enjoying some aspects of maths - attitude is everything:woohoo:
That's not a bad combination at all! You don't need to decide what you want to do right away either. One of my friends only decided what they wanted to do a 2 months ago and he is going into year 13 now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (119)
25.32%
Better than expected (97)
20.64%
Worse than expected (254)
54.04%

Watched Threads