Adamdekla123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For the rest of the summer should I focus on completely learning year 1 content or move onto year 2 content.
Currently studying Geography, Chemistry and Biology
Any other year 2 advice would be greatly appreciated
Lucyyy279
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you have a solid grasp of first year content then spending time on 2nd year wont hurt. Maybe try some exam questions for first year topics to see how competent you are and then focus on topics you aren't as good at before moving on
hope1279
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Adamdekla123)
For the rest of the summer should I focus on completely learning year 1 content or move onto year 2 content.
Currently studying Geography, Chemistry and Biology
Any other year 2 advice would be greatly appreciated
It depends, some people who try to teach themselves content earlier than they learn in class can lead them to learning something wrong. Your topics are science based so you may run the risk of that and then you have to relearn it later on in a different way. Maybe it's best to make sure you really know all the year 1 stuff first
Lucyyy279
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hope1279)
It depends, some people who try to teach themselves content earlier than they learn in class can lead them to learning something wrong. Your topics are science based so you may run the risk of that and then you have to relearn it later on in a different way. Maybe it's best to make sure you really know all the year 1 stuff first
I started on the second year content for maths/further maths so it might be a little different. If there's topics that were covered in gcse maybe only look at those then but focus on 1st year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (117)
25.38%
Better than expected (94)
20.39%
Worse than expected (250)
54.23%

Watched Threads