The Student Room Group

Mixed signals on Snapchat?

So recently (Week Or so) I’ve been talking to this one girl on Snapchat Who I do kinda fancy, we’ve been bouncing off each other and the convo hasn’t died (she replies I reply and she asks questions I do the same) but yesterday I sent a msg replying to her at about 7 pm, and from that point on she’s left me on delivered. Has she pied me off, not checked snap since or is it possible she got a lot of snaps whilst she wasn’t paying attention to her snap notis and mine just went to the bottom?

Scroll to see replies

juts message her again x
no point overthinking :smile:
Just message her and say hey, how's your day been :smile:. No point overthinking.
With all due respect people such as yourself need to keep in mind that most people have things going on in their lives that don't involve texting you.
...maybe she's busy? Not everyone is glued to their phones lol
Reply 5
Update: I messaged her and again got no response. Time to chin up and move on.
Original post by Muggymike99
Update: I messaged her and again got no response. Time to chin up and move on.

Hi there
Yeah maybe
Or maybe she is still busy
Maybe she’s just busy or hasn’t be on Snapchat
Reply 8
Ok another update, she responded late yesterday and we chatted for a bit before she’s left me on delivered again For 24 hours. I think this is a sign to take the hint And move on, don’t y’all think?
Ok another update, she responded late yesterday and we chatted for a bit before she’s left me on delivered again For 24 hours. I think this is a sign to take the hint And move on, don’t y’all think?

I think it matters more what's she saying rather than the time between responses
What was your conversation like? Just small talk or getting to know each other more? Were her responses short and blunt or long and detailed?

I had a guy who would sometimes leave me on delivered for nearly two days but his responses were very long and interested so I took more from that than how long it took him to answer!
So recently (Week Or so) I’ve been talking to this one girl on Snapchat Who I do kinda fancy, we’ve been bouncing off each other and the convo hasn’t died (she replies I reply and she asks questions I do the same) but yesterday I sent a msg replying to her at about 7 pm, and from that point on she’s left me on delivered. Has she pied me off, not checked snap since or is it possible she got a lot of snaps whilst she wasn’t paying attention to her snap notis and mine just went to the bottom?

I have this bad habit of seeing that someones snapped me, thinking "oh ill open it later" and just completely forget about it. Or sometimes ill think i replied to something when i actually havent. Maybe she does the same thing?
Original post by wastedcuriosity
I think it matters more what's she saying rather than the time between responses
What was your conversation like? Just small talk or getting to know each other more? Were her responses short and blunt or long and detailed?

I had a guy who would sometimes leave me on delivered for nearly two days but his responses were very long and interested so I took more from that than how long it took him to answer!

The conversations have had good flow to be fair, she adds to it and continues it by asking me something back like more personal questions (I asked her those as well).There’s a general bounce back and forth in the convo, she has lengthy replies as do i Though you’re right. Sometimes when I send her something she opens and replies instantly.
The conversations have had good flow to be fair, she adds to it and continues it by asking me something back like more personal questions (I asked her those as well).There’s a general bounce back and forth in the convo, she has lengthy replies as do i Though you’re right. Sometimes when I send her something she opens and replies instantly.

If this is the case i think youre fine :smile: Lengthier replies are a good sign

Then your problem now is that she sometimes let you on delivered for too
Maybe you should ask her about it
Original post by REDDINGZ
I have this bad habit of seeing that someones snapped me, thinking "oh ill open it later" and just completely forget about it. Or sometimes ill think i replied to something when i actually havent. Maybe she does the same thing?

She told me last time she responded that she forgets to notice new snaps and doesn’t realize it sometimes unless she’s reminded. But at the same time I’m not one for double texting.

No because she was still talking to you, maybe she just doesn’t respond that fast compared to you etc.
Original post by Anonymous
No because she was still talking to you, maybe she just doesn’t respond that fast compared to you etc.

I’m just sort of confused tho, sometimes she messages back within minutes, then I message, and then it’s a full 24 hours or more until she responds again, sometimes only if I post a story to my page she will notice. One of my friends recommended to pretend to type a message after a while, but not actually send anything, but idk
I’m just sort of confused tho, sometimes she messages back within minutes, then I message, and then it’s a full 24 hours or more until she responds again, sometimes only if I post a story to my page she will notice. One of my friends recommended to pretend to type a message after a while, but not actually send anything, but idk

In my honest opinion g, she clearly doesnt like you back at all, and only responds out of being nice. You dont just forget to respond to someone, scrolling on snap is simple. She halfswipes you and then airs you g.
Reply 18
If I was interested in a guy I wouldn't just forget to check his messages cuz I'd probably be thinking about him frequently so she might not be that interested in you
Original post by bvbx
If I was interested in a guy I wouldn't just forget to check his messages cuz I'd probably be thinking about him frequently so she might not be that interested in you

That’s exactly what I’m thinking, even though what messes me up is that sometimes I message, she’ll respond and have a convo for a solid period then I message and she just leaves me delivered. If it wasn’t like that I wouldve fully taken the hint by now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending