Xbellewoodfine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m currently trying to find artists to study and research for my GCSE art fears and phobias project but I’m having a hard time finding any, any suggestions??
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xbellewoodfine)
I’m currently trying to find artists to study and research for my GCSE art fears and phobias project but I’m having a hard time finding any, any suggestions??
Tenuous link, but Salvador Dali? He did surrealist art, and dreams could link to fear if you talk about it enough?
Or (Edvard?) Munch - the Scream guy. His paintings are scary.
Cakeman12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would recommend Van Gogh- his self portraits and his personal fears of not being able to accurately portray features- specifically the situation with his ear, is also recommend kusama yayoi- she is an artist with schizophrenia (if I remember correctly) who does all the artwork with funky dots, but the way that could relate to your question is the way her dots helped ease her symptoms of anxiety, another artist I’d recommend is Jenny saville- she does a lot of human based work revolving on the human form- specifically overweight bodies- she did this work during the social standards of an ideal body being skinny- this could show links between showing a societal phobia, these are all far reaches but I hope it gives you some ideas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.28%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.98%
Look for a job (18)
3.42%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.07%

Watched Threads