Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got a few questions for anyone who can help...

Firstly just wondering what happens about drying clothes, should I bring a small clothes horse or is there something else I can do?

On the Saturday everyone moves in what usually happens, do people go out, how sociable is everyone? Does the uni/campus organise anything for the evenings to help people get to know each other.

How many people usually go to that 'Family Day' thing? Do lots of freshers go to the drinks in the bar while the family thing is going on?

How strict are the elecrticity regulations? Nothing I have has ever been serviced, does this mean I wont be able to bring it? Or do they not really care?

Is it worth going to one of the campus tours? Are they any good?

And finally, I am transferring from Next Salisbury to Next on Oxford STreet, how long is the tube journey from Hampstead to Oxford Circus?

Thanks for any help you can give!

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to King's College but I can tell you that if you take the Northern Line from Hampstead to King's Cross, then switch to the Victoria Line for two stops to Oxford Circus, it should take around half an hour. The Northern Line is notoriously slow so I try to avoid it when I can, but if you're in Hampstead the only other alternative is to take a bus down to Finchley Road, then regular buses go to Oxford Circus. It may take the same amount of time - or possibly a couple of minutes longer - but it's cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedyedy)
    Got a few questions for anyone who can help...

Firstly just wondering what happens about drying clothes, should I bring a small clothes horse or is there something else I can do?

There are tumble dryers but they cost more money on top of your washing - I'd definitely advise bringing a clothes horse and just use the tumble dryers for sheets and towels etc.

On the Saturday everyone moves in what usually happens, do people go out, how sociable is everyone? Does the uni/campus organise anything for the evenings to help people get to know each other.

There will be a party in the evening at the bar organised by the entertainment committee and various other events organised by halls throughout freshers week as well.

How many people usually go to that 'Family Day' thing? Do lots of freshers go to the drinks in the bar while the family thing is going on?

I went along for like 10 minutes but not many people went.

How strict are the elecrticity regulations? Nothing I have has ever been serviced, does this mean I wont be able to bring it? Or do they not really care?

Not strict - I never had anything serviced either.

Is it worth going to one of the campus tours? Are they any good?

I didn't bother - but if you're less confident at finding your way round London then give it a go.

And finally, I am transferring from Next Salisbury to Next on Oxford STreet, how long is the tube journey from Hampstead to Oxford Circus?

The closest tube station to halls is actually Finchley Road, not Hampstead, so yeah you can either get a bus from there to Oxford street, which will take ages in traffic, or you can take the jubilee line to Baker Street and change on to the Bakerloo. That should only take about 20 mins to half an hour door to door.

Thanks for any help you can give!
    My replies in bold.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.