Joy L
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, what is studying English Lit at uni like? What's the jump like from A Level to Uni?

Any general tips/tricks or advice?
Good places to find resources and/or notes?
Advertisement
jessxann
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Jack Edwards has a series of English lit degree videos on his youtube channel!
Joy L
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessxann)
Jack Edwards has a series of English lit degree videos on his youtube channel!
I already have watched them all (massive fan of him, he's hilarious ) Was just wondering if anyone has any good places to get resources from or any tips and tricks to help with studying english lit (like time management etc)
Advertisement
GoodGirlFaith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you have a particular uni in mind it’s worth looking at the reading lists for the modules as the workload varies a lot depending on content. It’s also a good idea to try and stay ahead of the reading slightly (at my uni we do it so you read the text one week and have lectures on it the next week) but you don’t want to be too far ahead or you can lose track. Some of the texts can be a bit of a slog to get through so reading little and often works well for me.
Joy L
Rep:
?
(Original post by GoodGirlFaith)
If you have a particular uni in mind it’s worth looking at the reading lists for the modules as the workload varies a lot depending on content. It’s also a good idea to try and stay ahead of the reading slightly (at my uni we do it so you read the text one week and have lectures on it the next week) but you don’t want to be too far ahead or you can lose track. Some of the texts can be a bit of a slog to get through so reading little and often works well for me.
Cool, thx you. Have just started working my way through the reading list. I'm not really sure how my uni is going to do the course however from emails they have sent me pretty much everything seems to be online. Are there any websites that you use that you find helpful for your course?
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (3)
4.29%
Confident (9)
12.86%
Indifferent (7)
10%
Unsure (15)
21.43%
Worried (36)
51.43%

Watched Threads