rachaelv
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
So I'm starting year 12 in September and I was hoping for advice on what I can do now to get ahead in my subjects that I have chosen (this is because I'm taking 4 with one a lot of coursework based ) and possibly how long I need to study etc.
Thanks for any help!!
belle.c
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What subjects have you picked?
rachaelv
Rep:
?
(Original post by belle.c)
What subjects have you picked?
I've picked geography, biology , psychology and health & social care
belle.c
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For Biology CGP do a head start book, which I've done for Maths and found quite helpful. Also, for geography watching a wide range of documentaries is helpful. Psychology the book 'The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' is good, and also is accessibly written as well. No clue about Health and social care though, sorry! Hope that helped a bit though- I'm going into year twelve in September too and am trying to get a bit ahead ahaha!
rachaelv
Rep:
?
For Biology CGP do a head start book, which I've done for Maths and found quite helpful. Also, for geography watching a wide range of documentaries is helpful. Psychology the book 'The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' is good, and also is accessibly written as well. No clue about Health and social care though, sorry! Hope that helped a bit though- I'm going into year twelve in September too and am trying to get a bit ahead ahaha!
Thank you! That is quite helpful! I've asked my friends and they just say not to worry about it so I appreciate the help! Oh really? I wish you the best of luck with them! ( and results day in a few weeks!) What subjects are you taking?
belle.c
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rachaelv)
Thank you! That is quite helpful! I've asked my friends and they just say not to worry about it so I appreciate the help! Oh really? I wish you the best of luck with them! ( and results day in a few weeks!) What subjects are you taking?
I am (hopefully!) going to take Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and History, as well as AS Spanish- but that depends on me getting the grades hahah. Also I keep forgetting about results day, but its actually really soon...
rachaelv
Rep:
?
I am (hopefully!) going to take Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and History, as well as AS Spanish- but that depends on me getting the grades hahah. Also I keep forgetting about results day, but its actually really soon...
That's actually an amazing range of subjects! Was there a reason behind them or you just enjoy them? (my English is great obviously 😂) You're allowed to take 5 subjects? At our school 4 was the maximum we could take ( otherwise history or sociology would of been on the list!) And I know I don't know you're school background, HOWEVER, I'm highly confident that you will get all the grades you want so don't even worry about results day You can always resit (in our case sit) the exams in autumn if you aren't happy with them
belle.c
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rachaelv)
That's actually an amazing range of subjects! Was there a reason behind them or you just enjoy them? (my English is great obviously 😂) You're allowed to take 5 subjects? At our school 4 was the maximum we could take ( otherwise history or sociology would of been on the list!) And I know I don't know you're school background, HOWEVER, I'm highly confident that you will get all the grades you want so don't even worry about results day You can always resit (in our case sit) the exams in autumn if you aren't happy with them
Technically you can only take four, but because the Spanish is an AS it only needs one lesson a week for two years. Its gonna be intense, but I really wanted to keep up the Spanish hahah! Also, your subjects go together a lot better than mine- I picked the things that I like because I don't know what I want to do when I'm older I don't really want to do a resit as I haven't revised anything since March, but I'm glad that it is an option!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.61%
Better than expected (93)
20.53%
Worse than expected (244)
53.86%

Watched Threads