Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So around March time, I was in a little bit of a depressive episode that lasted for months, and as such I was unable to find the motivation to go over my online lectures. Now, I am super behind, I have a job and only two months until uni starts up again. TBH, as I've already passed first year and these aren't essential for second year, I'm still struggling with the motivation to make notes on them, but I do want to as I know it'll be helpful though not necessary for second year

Any advice would be really appreciated
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So around March time, I was in a little bit of a depressive episode that lasted for months, and as such I was unable to find the motivation to go over my online lectures. Now, I am super behind, I have a job and only two months until uni starts up again. TBH, as I've already passed first year and these aren't essential for second year, I'm still struggling with the motivation to make notes on them, but I do want to as I know it'll be helpful though not necessary for second year

Hi Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that you weren't having a good time- sometimes it definitely helps to take time out of your studies to focus on your health. I think it woul depend on your access to them- as if your access to them is going to remain then I wouldn't pressure yourself into noting them all down straight away because then you might not take them all in or could just resent writing them down! I personally would make a timetable to maybe do one lecture every other day (or something like that) so that you can keep yourself accountable but that it's not overbearing

Best of luck,
Millie
Student rep
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Have you asked for support from your university? Do they know about your episode?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.58%
Confident (14)
9.15%
Indifferent (16)
10.46%
Unsure (36)
23.53%
Worried (80)
52.29%

Watched Threads