ayla74
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys,

I recently interviewed for a policy role with MOJ. I received an email today saying that I’ve been put on the reserve list for 12 months as I was a strong candidate. My questions are- has anyone here actually received a job via the reserve list? If so, how long did the process take for you and did you receive an offer for the exact role or something different?

Thanks
DHughes87
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Timing for reserve lists can be a mixed bag. However, with the amount of policy recruitment in Government at the moment, hopefully it should be fairly quick!
ayla74
Rep:
?
(Original post by DHughes87)
Timing for reserve lists can be a mixed bag. However, with the amount of policy recruitment in Government at the moment, hopefully it should be fairly quick!
That sounds promising! I‘ve read a lot of mixed reviews on the reserve list- some people have said it’s a polite rejection and others saying they’ve never had any offers, but I’m remaining hopeful that something does come up!
DHughes87
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve been on the recruitment end for MoJ and I know we used reserve lists all the time, so it’s definitely not a polite rejection!
ayla74
Rep:
?
I’ve been on the recruitment end for MoJ and I know we used reserve lists all the time, so it’s definitely not a polite rejection!
Thanks for this dhughes! I’ve been a little down over this as it was my dream job, but your replies have perked me up
DHughes87
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No problem at all - it can take a while with the CS but will be worthwhile in the end!
ayla74
Rep:
?
No problem at all - it can take a while with the CS but will be worthwhile in the end!
Fingers crossed! Really sorry, but I have one more question - would I have to wait for the exact role I applied for to open up again, or could it be any policy role with the same competencies?
DHughes87
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ayla74)
Fingers crossed! Really sorry, but I have one more question - would I have to wait for the exact role I applied for to open up again, or could it be any policy role with the same competencies?
Usually any similar role.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (34)
24.29%
Better than expected (29)
20.71%
Worse than expected (77)
55%

Watched Threads