foreverrocking
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi, I am worried about year 11 because I am going to have my GCSE exams, and there is so much speculation in the media that a second wave might happen.I struggle quite a bit with english lit/lang. If you have any tips that you used to cope with year 11, it would be much appreciated
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by foreverrocking)
Hi, I am worried about year 11 because I am going to have my GCSE exams, and there is so much speculation in the media that a second wave might happen.I struggle quite a bit with english lit/lang. If you have any tips that you used to cope with year 11, it would be much appreciated
Hey. Try not to worry too much but I completely understand why you're worried. I highly recommend Mr Bruff and Stacey Reay on YouTube for English Language and Literature as their resources are really useful and definitely helped me to do well in GCSE English when I sat them in summer 2017.
Dexter345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Drop out of school and start forex trading and you’ll be rich
vix.xvi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
dont worry
smh101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey, so I am about to start 6th form soon and for my Gcses especially for literature what i’d tend to do is practice essays constantly and make sure to include a lot of context because the context is what gets you most of the marks.

However, for language i’d just say try to do practice questions from past papers and make sure to refer to the spec

Hope this helps x
sunsetpeony
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
hey! i'm going into year 13 in september, so i understand your worry! i think that it's pretty normal to be anxious about year 11 normally, but especially so now, so don't feel like you're alone!

as long as you put in the work and try your best (as cliche as it is) you've got nothing to worry about!

for english literature, i would also recommend mr bruff (like the above user) as well as the york notes revision guides - i found these really helped me with the themes covered in each text. if you do aqa, the cgp poetry anthology was really helpful.

for english language, just practice! you can find prompts/question papers online and even reading exemplar work can be helpful!
foreverrocking
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thank you for all your tips
ShadowKing132
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hey I can offer you some of my stories to read if that helps?
foreverrocking
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by ShadowKing132)
Hey I can offer you some of my stories to read if that helps?
Yes please,thank you
ShadowKing132
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yes please,thank you
PM me ill show u
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (6)
15.79%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (11)
28.95%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (21)
55.26%

Watched Threads