rosacherry
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If I were to retake some GCSEs in the autumn exam series would Oxbridge hold that against me or would they overlook it due to the world situation
Trillo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was told resits aren't looked at favourably as you're expected to be able to cope with the typical workload. However, I think this was with regards to A levels, which will be far more important a consideration than GCSEs. Additionally, if there was ever a year where resits would be considered more acceptable, this would be it! Maybe contact admissions for clarification, they'll know best.

Good luck
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No they won’t judge u they only care that u meet their requirements.
Humairazaman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rosacherry)
If I were to retake some GCSEs in the autumn exam series would Oxbridge hold that against me or would they overlook it due to the world situation
They won’t and cant judge u since its not a retake at all, its the first time you would take it.
If u get a better grade than ur calculated grade, unis will see that you are determined to show that ur not gonna be held back by calculated grades that dont show ur true performance and ability.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.2%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.92%
Look for a job (19)
3.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.06%

Watched Threads