When is it too late to apply for a bursary?

Watch
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Pretty much what i said in the title...
Trillo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I guess it depends on the bursary. Do you know what bursary you want? A bursary I'm going for is going to be assessed automatically when I enrol at the uni in September based on information I provided when I applied for my student loan, so I don't actually apply for it directly as such. I don't think they all work this way though, so do some research. Might be worth emailling your uni
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trillo)
I guess it depends on the bursary. Do you know what bursary you want? A bursary I'm going for is going to be assessed automatically when I enrol at the uni in September based on information I provided when I applied for my student loan, so I don't actually apply for it directly as such. I don't think they all work this way though, so do some research. Might be worth emailling your uni
Thank you for the advice! Since I am a care leaver who is estranged from my family I was wondering what kind of bursaries i could apply for and where to look. When i look at my University website there is not much information on this and how to go about it. I've accepted an offer for Birmingham City University and I would appreciate any further advice from you.#

Mesopotamian.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
Thank you for the advice! Since I am a care leaver who is estranged from my family I was wondering what kind of bursaries i could apply for and where to look. When i look at my University website there is not much information on this and how to go about it. I've accepted an offer for Birmingham City University and I would appreciate any further advice from you.#

I would advise you to talk to the student support team/ student enquiry centre at your university. They will be best placed to advise you on which bursaries you're eligible for and the deadlines for applications.

Bursary deadlines usually have a leeway i.e. at my university, the income-based bursary and other bursaries have an application of July of that academic year - so you should have sufficient time to talk about your options with your university when you start.
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I would advise you to talk to the student support team/ student enquiry centre at your university. They will be best placed to advise you on which bursaries you're eligible for and the deadlines for applications.

Bursary deadlines usually have a leeway i.e. at my university, the income-based bursary and other bursaries have an application of July of that academic year - so you should have sufficient time to talk about your options with your university when you start.
Thank you very much!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
Thank you very much!
No problem
Trillo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, I think you should have time as some bursaries can even be claimed retroactively. I don't really know much on the topic unfortunately, but found this website which may be helpful for you: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...-a-care-leaver

But yes I'd recommend contacting the uni as the other user said, they will know best. Good luck
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trillo)
Yes, I think you should have time as some bursaries can even be claimed retroactively. I don't really know much on the topic unfortunately, but found this website which may be helpful for you: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...-a-care-leaver

But yes I'd recommend contacting the uni as the other user said, they will know best. Good luck
Thank you so much for the guidance. I appreciate your responses more than you know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads