Reading list for the MSc Psychology Conversion at Leeds Beckett

Watch
LouFoody
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all,I'm excited to be starting the MSc Psychology Conversion at Leeds Beckett in September this year. I've just completed the PG Cert in Counselling, so am taking a bit of a leap into the unknown, especially with the research methods. Is there a suggested reading list, or a core textbook that's worth investing in? I'd really like to get a basic grasp of some of the theory before I start - especially being a mature student juggling commitments. Also, does anyone know what day of the week lectures are held on for the part time course? I've emailed the course administrator, but think everything is up in the air due to Covid. Thanks,Louise
Sentenced_to
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you shoud wait to get each course's reading list first as, most of the work may be throught journals instead.

In any case, some research books that shouldn't be useless regardless of the programme's direction are:

Introduction to Research Methods and Data Analysis in Psychology 3rd edn (Langdridge)

Research Methods in Psychology 4th edn (Breakwell)

Doing Qualitative Research in Psychology: A Practical Guide 2nd edn (Sullivan)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (132)
24.18%
Better than expected (120)
21.98%
Worse than expected (294)
53.85%

Watched Threads