What does Bump mean on here?

Watch
thagirlhanna
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Sometimes I see people comment 'bump' on TSR.
Can someone explain?
Ghosty232
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It supposedly puts your post to the top of the “most recent” list so more people see it. The word itself comes from 4chan and other image boards where thread activity would keep it on the top pages for longer, attracting more responses.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
Sometimes I see people comment 'bump' on TSR.
Can someone explain?
It means "bump up my post" if a new comment gets added to a thread then the thread/discussion will jump to a higher place in the forum
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's used when a thread isn't getting enough replies. It puts the thread back on the 'latest' tab so more users can see it.
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ghosty232)
It supposedly puts your post to the top of the “most recent” list so more people see it. The word itself comes from 4chan and other image boards where thread activity would keep it on the top pages for longer, attracting more responses.
(Original post by Chronoscope)
It means "bump up my post" if a new comment gets added to a thread then the thread/discussion will jump to a higher place in the forum
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
It's used when a thread isn't getting enough replies. It puts the thread back on the 'latest' tab so more users can see it.
Thank you for all your responses. I understand now! I love learning about TSR every day. There's always something i don't know haha
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah that, generally used by v impatience/inconsiderate types because they didn't get validation in 60 secs.
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yeah that, generally used by v impatience/inconsiderate types because they didn't get validation in 60 secs.
I agree with this!
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's just a word people use to comment on their own thread so it goes to the top of the recent threads list so hopefully they can get responses
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
Thank you for all your responses. I understand now! I love learning about TSR every day. There's always something i don't know haha
No problem! There are a lot of interesting things about this site, I don't think any user knows everything. :yep:
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
No problem! There are a lot of interesting things about this site, I don't think any user knows everything. :yep:
Well then I am glad to be part of a community such as this one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (180)
24.73%
Better than expected (146)
20.05%
Worse than expected (402)
55.22%

Watched Threads