The Student Room Group

migrant worker/ Studying nursing

Hi..,

I have applied as a migrant worker for student finance and I was reading about the requirements after they approve your application. I saw that migrant workers applying for student finance will have to work throughout their academic year. I am going to study Nursing which requires a lot of time in placement etc.
I am currently working 10 hours a week but I don’t know how i am going to manage my Course and work as studying nursing requires a lot of dedication and I dont want to end up not being able to complete my course because the whole work and course situation is a lot “. I do need the maintenance loan to be able to take care of myself. But are there not any other ways

Thanks you
Original post by Ellyn23
Hi..,

I have applied as a migrant worker for student finance and I was reading about the requirements after they approve your application. I saw that migrant workers applying for student finance will have to work throughout their academic year. I am going to study Nursing which requires a lot of time in placement etc.
I am currently working 10 hours a week but I don’t know how i am going to manage my Course and work as studying nursing requires a lot of dedication and I dont want to end up not being able to complete my course because the whole work and course situation is a lot “. I do need the maintenance loan to be able to take care of myself. But are there not any other ways

Thanks you

Hi Ellyn,

You can view more information about the loan here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
You do need to be working throughout your studies and supply termly evidence. Our assessors will look at how many hours you work and the salary you earn, if it's too low then you may be deemed ineligible. You can apply and then our assessors will review your application.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending