Anonymous 1525
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
If anyone has done A level psychology or sociology would it be more useful to revise a specific topic each day or revise all of them in a topic over a few hours with breaks and stuff what I mean is say for psych do I revise approaches one day then psychopathology the next or should I break it down into smaller more specific things like the biological approach one day then the cognitive approach the next? Also are flash cards really that useful for active recall? I write questions on the front then answers on the back but could I just write the questions down on paper to save time because I don’t think I have enough time to keep making flash cards when I’ve got my mocks in a month (I have started revision but I’m just worried Ill burn out or it won’t be as effective if I revise 2 topic a day for each subject over the course of a month, any suggestions?

CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous 1525)
If anyone has done A level psychology or sociology would it be more useful to revise a specific topic each day or revise all of them in a topic over a few hours with breaks and stuff what I mean is say for psych do I revise approaches one day then psychopathology the next or should I break it down into smaller more specific things like the biological approach one day then the cognitive approach the next? Also are flash cards really that useful for active recall? I write questions on the front then answers on the back but could I just write the questions down on paper to save time because I don’t think I have enough time to keep making flash cards when I’ve got my mocks in a month (I have started revision but I’m just worried Ill burn out or it won’t be as effective if I revise 2 topic a day for each subject over the course of a month, any suggestions?
Hey. I studied A-Level sociology (AQA spec) and I sat my exams last summer. I mostly revised by making mindmaps for the topics that I had gaps in and made sure I did a lot of exam practice questions for these weaker topics. I also did knowledge tests at the end of each topic with my teacher to check our understanding. Ended up with a Grade B which I'm happy with but I think I was very close to a Grade A.

In terms of planning your revision, break it up into manageable chunks and take regular breaks to avoid burnouts. Hope this helps.
Anonymous 1525
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Hey. I studied A-Level sociology (AQA spec) and I sat my exams last summer. I mostly revised by making mindmaps for the topics that I had gaps in and made sure I did a lot of exam practice questions for these weaker topics. I also did knowledge tests at the end of each topic with my teacher to check our understanding. Ended up with a Grade B which I'm happy with but I think I was very close to a Grade A.

In terms of planning your revision, break it up into manageable chunks and take regular breaks to avoid burnouts. Hope this helps.
Ah thank you!! I’m doing AQA too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (288)
50.09%
I still don't know (95)
16.52%

Watched Threads