Teen with no phone (strict parents)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, so im a 15 yr old girl. My parents took away my phone for no reason about six months ago, when quarantine first started and now I have summer vacay and Im not in touch with almost everyone. Even when I did, I wasnt allowed social media. It gets kinda annoying at some point and lonely when you have basically no social life. I am not allowed to leave my house to meet anyone. If someone wants to meet me, they must come near my house and honestly thats really not fair to the person. Im not allowed to date or anything. Friendships dont really last if you’re not talking to them at all. Ik Im making a big deal outta this but honestly im going crazy during summer when my parents are working and i have no one to talk to etc. I only meet one person who lives near me. How can I make this situation better? Any advice would be appreciated!
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you can pm me lol-
i can relate 100% lol.
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow thats sad
Kibser
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you sat down with your parents (calmly ) and had a discussion as to why they treat you the way they do?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by WillPhillips)
Have you sat down with your parents (calmly ) and had a discussion as to why they treat you the way they do?
they do not trust me
Hoodlum123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Phones and social media have been the downfall of my life so I envy you.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hoodlum123)
you're weird. like really really weird.
Hoodlum123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No, I just share an unpopular opinion like a lot of people. Nothing weird about it.
username5279298
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A lot of people suffer from problems online: bullying, peer pressure, theft identity etc. There are many reasons why social media can ruin a person's life, it just depends on you as an individual.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
No, I just share an unpopular opinion like a lot of people. Nothing weird about it.
it's not your opinion; it's how you talk. you talk about it being the downfall of your life but you're so young that calling something the downfall of your life doesn't make sense. also you can't have an unpopular opinion and also claim that many people are of this opinion in the same sentence because that defeats the purpose of your initial point, that it is 'unpopular'
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Roses_Dreams)
A lot of people suffer from problems online: bullying, peer pressure, theft identity etc. There are many reasons why social media can ruin a person's life, it just depends on you as an individual.
all these are 'problems' many people sadly face on social media. but social media can never be the downfall of a child's life. there's things like drugs and gambling which a phone gives you easier access to and these sort of things would ruin your life and cause a downfall.
2_versions
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Gotta buy a trap phone. Cheap phone from the Argos is gonna set you back... something like £20. That and a £1 sim card should do you!
Hide it under your bed like an inmate and she'll never know!
Hoodlum123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's not your opinion; it's how you talk. you talk about it being the downfall of your life but you're so young that calling something the downfall of your life doesn't make sense. also you can't have an unpopular opinion and also claim that many people are of this opinion in the same sentence because that defeats the purpose of your initial point, that it is 'unpopular'
I meant a lot of people share unpopular opinions about things...
I just feel like I'd be better academically if my parents were strict like this.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, so im a 15 yr old girl. My parents took away my phone for no reason about six months ago, when quarantine first started and now I have summer vacay and Im not in touch with almost everyone. Even when I did, I wasnt allowed social media. It gets kinda annoying at some point and lonely when you have basically no social life. I am not allowed to leave my house to meet anyone. If someone wants to meet me, they must come near my house and honestly thats really not fair to the person. Im not allowed to date or anything. Friendships dont really last if you’re not talking to them at all. Ik Im making a big deal outta this but honestly im going crazy during summer when my parents are working and i have no one to talk to etc. I only meet one person who lives near me. How can I make this situation better? Any advice would be appreciated!
Damn, I can relate to this somewhat as I was in a very similar situation nearly a decade ago (depression can have nasty effects, and sometimes the best coping methods tend to be the ones least appreciated by parents).

My solution back then was to throw a tantrum, openly rebel against my parents and fight them whenever I had the opportunity; whether that be through sh*t grades, cursing my parents, openly dissing my aunties and uncle's to destroy my parents rep etc etc. I wanted all the smoke back then - likewise as a effect of my rash behaviour I got the relevant beatings. Ultimately even a cat is going to fight back when pushed into a corner.

You have to take action and then (and only then) will what you want be taken into consideration, as no sane man wants to deal with such a hassle (yourself) for a long period of time.
Last edited by Jang Gwangnam; 1 week ago
danilsergeev5
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Agree hahaha you shouldn't feel like a loser, enjoy things around you and not be the typical teen everyone is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (127)
24.14%
Better than expected (114)
21.67%
Worse than expected (285)
54.18%

Watched Threads