The Student Room Group

maths vs bio degree

I'm in year 12 and have been set on biology for a while now, but I'm worried I'd be limiting my career options a lot as I don't really want to go into pharma. I've always loved maths, I find it fascinating but I don't know if I'd be bored studying it the whole time. Maths graduates tend to have good earning potential too whereas not so much for biology.
I like the skills I'd develop in maths and I'm worried bio is more just memorisation, may be completely wrong through.

Any advice on how to choose?
(I study biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and am predicted A*s)
Original post by december25
I'm in year 12 and have been set on biology for a while now, but I'm worried I'd be limiting my career options a lot as I don't really want to go into pharma. I've always loved maths, I find it fascinating but I don't know if I'd be bored studying it the whole time. Maths graduates tend to have good earning potential too whereas not so much for biology.
I like the skills I'd develop in maths and I'm worried bio is more just memorisation, may be completely wrong through.

Any advice on how to choose?
(I study biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and am predicted A*s)

Well if you’re predicted A* s then you should be able to get into a top uni, so maybe earning potential will be good anyway? I’d have a look, but don’t forget that environmental science also exists which will be in demand in the future due to climate crisis? I reckon this may have good prospects if you’re interested. If not, a lot of jobs don’t require a specific degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending