sally_1912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

Are there any future lawyers or university Law students who took/take Public Law or/and Criminal Law? If so, would you mind if I sent you my practice essays for either just to get a second opinion on it and see if it's worth a good pass? These are practice essays that I used to prepare for our end of year exams.

If you don't mind helping me out please let me know.

Thanks a million!
DrD_1598
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's cheating.
rayshow053
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have some recommendations you can use when writing a Law essay. Use the following structure:

Introduction - outline the area of law the scenario relates to.

Describe the law involved - this includes the actus reus and mens rea elements.

Apply the law to the scenario.

Defences - if any defences apply, outline the law relating to the relevant defence. At any stage you can use help of https://writix.co.uk/case-study-writing-help .

Apply the defence to the scenario - clarify whether or not the defence can be successfully pleaded by the defendant.

Conclusion - suggest the outcome of the scenario; whether or not the defendant is liable for their offence or not.
Last edited by rayshow053; 1 year ago
sally_1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrD_1598)
That's cheating.
Not it's not really. I'm not asking anyone to write the essay for me. They're practice essays, not the real thing. I just wanted a second opinion from another law student or experienced student on what I could improve on like structure, writing technique, if I should include more case law etc. Not for particular information.
sally_1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by rayshow053)
I have some recommendations you can use when writing a Law essay. Use the following structure:

Introduction - outline the area of law the scenario relates to.

Describe the law involved - this includes the actus reus and mens rea elements.

Apply the law to the scenario.

Defences - if any defences apply, outline the law relating to the relevant defence. At any stage you can use help of https://writix.co.uk/case-study-writing-help .

Apply the defence to the scenario - clarify whether or not the defence can be successfully pleaded by the defendant.

Conclusion - suggest the outcome of the scenario; whether or not the defendant is liable for their offence or not.
Thank you, I did use IRAC but it's hard for me to stick with it. I'll try this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads