Student finance/bursaries for studying physiotherapy

Watch
Pixiejessica1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, can anyone help? I’m looking to study physiotherapy in the UK next year. I will be 27 when start and I don’t know where to start with looking into the student finance and bursaries. I’ve worked out that I could get £8,500 for a maintenance loan and £9,250 for each year tuition fees. I’ve also seen something about grants too. Has anyone had any experience with medical courses?
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When you say next year, I assume you mean September 2021? If that's the case the rules/ funding could change so be aware. If it's for this September, crikey apply quick. The grants from Student Loans are specific - childcare, adult dependents (e.g a partner, parent if you are their main support) and a general parent allowance. If these apply your income has to be very low (including if you have a partner). There's also disability support. For the bursaries, NHS grants you need to get on the NHS website to see how they work.
Pixiejessica1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by NeroliTenzing)
When you say next year, I assume you mean September 2021? If that's the case the rules/ funding could change so be aware. If it's for this September, crikey apply quick. The grants from Student Loans are specific - childcare, adult dependents (e.g a partner, parent if you are their main support) and a general parent allowance. If these apply your income has to be very low (including if you have a partner). There's also disability support. For the bursaries, NHS grants you need to get on the NHS website to see how they work.
Yes it will be September 2021. I’m redoing my gcse maths and doing a science access course this year so I wouldn’t be able to apply for this year. I’ll have a look on the NHS website today. Thanks for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (160)
38.55%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.36%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.34%
Take a year out (70)
16.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.27%

Watched Threads