Dating app troubles

Watch
username79940121
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Don’t get me wrong, I can get matches on Tinder and Bumble, but I’m having so much trouble with closing the deal.

On bumble, I was having conversations with 2 different women and I thought the convos were going well until they unmatched me I think, It left me thinking it is what is it, but at the same time I thought the convos were going good then they suddenly unmatch me, there’s me thinking was my game cringe? Should I have closed the deal, or the women deleted their accounts or found someone else, i know the last 2 factors aren’t in my control.

I feel like I kind of have more success on Bumble rather than on Tinder since the women have to message first

I wonder what the forum thinks, like should I close the deal in like 10 messages (5 texts on each end) like set up a date, or get socials at the very least, because I prefer to get to know a person overtime, rather than be straight up say “I’m interested in you” and all of that. But if people want me to be more confident and just take more risks I can do that 👍🏾
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t know why but that last sentence made me laugh.

Perhaps, try and be a bit more open and direct? If you really like someone ask them on a date but only once you feel you know them a bit.
Nick'sLastStand
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just get a hooker. Even with the best of intentions you will just waste time and money getting absolutely nowhere.
Castrah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username79940121)
Don’t get me wrong, I can get matches on Tinder and Bumble, but I’m having so much trouble with closing the deal.

On bumble, I was having conversations with 2 different women and I thought the convos were going well until they unmatched me I think, It left me thinking it is what is it, but at the same time I thought the convos were going good then they suddenly unmatch me, there’s me thinking was my game cringe? Should I have closed the deal, or the women deleted their accounts or found someone else, i know the last 2 factors aren’t in my control.

I feel like I kind of have more success on Bumble rather than on Tinder since the women have to message first

I wonder what the forum thinks, like should I close the deal in like 10 messages (5 texts on each end) like set up a date, or get socials at the very least, because I prefer to get to know a person overtime, rather than be straight up say “I’m interested in you” and all of that. But if people want me to be more confident and just take more risks I can do that 👍🏾
Generally speaking, dating apps get a really bad rep, especially where men are concerned. If you match with someone and a form of conversation starts that’s outside the realm of “hi how are you” “ok thanks” then being more direct is generally better. You’ll get women that are more interested in learning more about you, and less interested in what you think they look like in their photos. Unfortunately, those women are harder to come by, and I wish you the best of luck.
FingersXedAgain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username79940121)

There is a sweet spot for asking. Its at the moment, you think you know each reasonably well and think a rl date can actually add something. So basically I find girls will not meet you until they have known you a week or two. Guys who try to close straight away will scare women away. Unless they are insanely hot and, even then as women get older, they learn to still make you wait.

The best way is to test the waters. Start with how she takes a compliment. If she likes you then she will try to get more of a compliment off you. Then try to find shared interests. Things like you like x too? Maybe we should do that sometime? 😉 Then see if she shows interest. How quickly she responds to texts you send in app at random times is a good sign too.

Remember girls have options and maybe just meet a more compatible guy so don’t take it to heart when people ghost.
username79940121
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I don’t know why but that last sentence made me laugh.

Perhaps, try and be a bit more open and direct? If you really like someone ask them on a date but only once you feel you know them a bit.
I know I must be funny then haha
username79940121
Rep:
?
(Original post by Castrah)
Generally speaking, dating apps get a really bad rep, especially where men are concerned. If you match with someone and a form of conversation starts that’s outside the realm of “hi how are you” “ok thanks” then being more direct is generally better. You’ll get women that are more interested in learning more about you, and less interested in what you think they look like in their photos. Unfortunately, those women are harder to come by, and I wish you the best of luck.
That’s true, sometimes I think it’s all about luck, on dating apps like meeting someone at peak times and actually matching someone that I can actually have a convo with instead of matching girls with nothing in their bios bar their photos
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (117)
25.22%
Better than expected (96)
20.69%
Worse than expected (251)
54.09%

Watched Threads