Uni resits - what options are there if you fail a resit Watch

SugarBullet
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If you fail resit examinations, what options do you have? Basically, I read the Uni handbook/guidance for resits, etc. and what it says is completely different to what I've heard from people in my uni year (who have not done resits so may just be repeating 'rumours').

What are all the possible options? For example, one thing I've heard is that you resit the exams in January or something, but don't actually attend uni, and you have to fund the year yourself and loan company won't pay for loan. This was said by someone in my year who hasn't done resits, etc.

Thanks everyone
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You ask yourself "is there really any point?", get a job, and trifle with such lofty notions no more; and/or return to your parents as an unmitigated failure. Whichever suits.
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
You ask yourself "is there really any point?", get a job, and trifle with such lofty notions no more; and/or return to your parents as an unmitigated failure. Whichever suits.
a bit OTT don't ya think:rolleyes:
SugarBullet
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
You shouldn't say things like that without knowing the circumstances, obviously private, personal issues which is why I came straight out with the question.
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you should fill in a 'Mitigating Circumstances form' and you could get a deferrel even if you failed.
Ad-Alta
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
It depends what university you're at; you're better off reading the Handbook (as you've been doing) and finding the relevant person to contact regarding what happens after failing a resit than asking us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads