Why is my hair like this

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So I’ve been struggling with curly/ semi thick hair my whole life (I’m 20)
I have tried everything- oil, hair masks, conditioner, leave in conditioner, not brushing, curly girl method and no matter what I do, my hair ALWAYS looks frizzy and messy and just a mess
Like I don’t know what else to do, why is it so dry and puffy all the time?! I haven’t ever coloured my hair, I don’t use any type of heat in it
It just doesn’t look/ feel moisturised regardless of what I do, the only thing that mildly works is coconut oil but I have to use so much that my hair feels and looks ridiculously greasy after 1 day and I need to wash it out
I’m Indian and everyone there has incredible thick, shiny hair whereas mines just looks so bad
It looks so puffy and big even though I don’t brush it, like I think it looks fine but then I look at a photo of myself and my hair just looks so f***ing messy
I’m the only one in my family with hair like this and do get made fun of a lot for and everyone’s like ‘oh just brush it out or just oil it’NOTHING WORKS
Am I doing something wrong?? I see people with similar thickness and curliness and their hair looks amazing
Like the strands are soft but the hair is just everywhere so collectively the hair doesn’t feel or look good
I think the curly girl method was working but my family made me feel so bad about doing it that I eventually brushed my hair and now it’s gone back to it’s messy state and my family is like why is your hair like that
I don’t know what to do!!
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If the curly girl method was working then go back to it. Your family will have to just deal with it. Do what is right for you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
If the curly girl method was working then go back to it. Your family will have to just deal with it. Do what is right for you.
I think the method made my hair look less frizzy (it still looked messy) but did absolutely nothing for the texture
I only wash my hair twice a week but even then it’s SO dry. Like it seems to get drier and drier until the point where it gets so greasy that it needs to be washed- there is no invetween
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
shave it off
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hannah0505)
shave it off
Ngl I’m tempted to, like idk why my hair is just so messy all the time, even after brushing where it will feel so good to put my fingers through but look so bad
bambi1425
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
my sister and cousin have this- my sister we only brush when wet and my cousin recommended this serum or something which works for her (Cantu comeback curl Shea butter- it's an orange bottle if that helps) my sister uses John Freida shampoo and conditioner for frizzy hair- I hope you manage to control it soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads