How do you work for your university's clearing hotline?

Watch
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is so random, but as a prospective uni student for next year I was just curious - how does it work? Is there one big room where everyone works in with loads of desks and phones? Does that mean mainly people that live locally do it?

And more importantly is it a lot of money loool
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Euphoria101)
This is so random, but as a prospective uni student for next year I was just curious - how does it work? Is there one big room where everyone works in with loads of desks and phones? Does that mean mainly people that live locally do it?

And more importantly is it a lot of money loool
It depends on the university. There’s not many universities risking big call centres this year and depending on how that works they might change their process next year too.

You need to ask your university how they advertise and recruit students for university jobs
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
It depends on the university. There’s not many universities risking big call centres this year and depending on how that works they might change their process next year too.

You need to ask your university how they advertise and recruit students for university jobs
Thanks for your reply! In normal years (obviously because of coronavirus, as you say, it's going to be different this year), is it just a huge room with mostly students (and some staff)? Do you happen to know how training and whatnot works?

I'm sorry for the questions, I'm just nosy
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Euphoria101)
Thanks for your reply! In normal years (obviously because of coronavirus, as you say, it's going to be different this year), is it just a huge room with mostly students (and some staff)? Do you happen to know how training and whatnot works?

I'm sorry for the questions, I'm just nosy
It depends on the university.

You need to ask your university how it works there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (133)
24.31%
Better than expected (120)
21.94%
Worse than expected (294)
53.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise